Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes until Tuesday 28th March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Everyone

I'm in Tignes at the moment, and will be until next Tuesday. Anyone up for some social skiing? I've scoured the recent posts for fellow skiers, but haven't come up with anything concrete.

Level-wise I'm coming back from injury, and so am not 100% fit (and I don't know if I ever will be). So far this season though it hasn't limited me too much, and I'm happy skiing any piste.

I noticed in a recent thread about the "other" Ski Club which apparently meets daily at Val D (up to 9:30). The idea sounds promising, but I doubt I'd be able to get across there in time from Tignes. I was thinking of possibly standing at the top of the Olympique at about 9:40am, with a bit of paper bearing the name of the aforementioned club. I might get some funny looks though...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@EmanuelShadrack,

At 0930 the ski club of Great Britain decides either go up the Olympique or up the Solaise gondola lift.

If they go up Olympique they then gather just below the Bellevarde Restaurant just inside the "Zone Tranquille, green run" where they divide into various social skiing groups.

There are a number of lifts shut in Tignes today, because of the French strikes, so beware of getting stuck in Val d.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello @welshflyer
Thanks very much for the information. I'm too late to meet up with them today (unless anyone knows where they're having their coffee break), but I'll certainly try things out over the next few days.
If I don't manage to stumble upon them, well it's not a big problem.
It's going to be interesting which lifts are closed today. My guess is that they won't close the main liaison ones, but one never knows...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@EmanuelShadrack, the Tignes app will keep you up to date with what's open. There's nothing closed at the moment that would cause any particular issue.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello @sugarmoma666
Thanks for the info. The last time there was a strike I only noticed the closures of Paquis and Grand Huit.
I'm always a bit reluctant to install extra apps on my phone, but maybe I'll make an exception this week. I suppose I can always uninstall the Tignes app afterwards.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Vanoise lift closed today. Schools shut. Lots of kids out skiing today.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@EmanuelShadrack, I'll be arriving in Tignes early morning (on the dreaded ski train) come this Saturday. If you're looking for ski buddies and don't mind skiing with a pair of late 20's guys for the remainder I'd be happy to join you!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I called it a day around 4:15pm. My knee had had a good workout The weather in Val D wasn't great, and the flat light made things tricky at times, but all in all a good day. It was quite crowded in places, and I expect you've hit the nail on the head there @GeorgeVII
I saw that Paquis was again closed, but all the main lifts were working nicely.
@itsLiamFleming: a social skiing session sounds like a good plan, if you both don't mind. Where in Tignes are you staying? I'm in Le Lac.
[I'm sure I haven't done the @-stuff correctly. I should learn how to do this properly at some point.]
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@EmanuelShadrack, we're in Val Claret, but it should be pretty easy to arrange to meet at the top of Toviere as the lift systems converge there. Send me a PM and we can arrange something.

PS. The easiest way to tag someone in a reply is to click on their name on the thread. It bolds it as well to highlight. Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi @itsLiamFleming
Thanks for the info, and the tip. Yep, meeting at top of Toviere is logical.
Fingers crossed the weather holds up. Tomorrow there's rain forecast, and Sunday's forecast doesn't look too good either.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well what a day it is today: heavy snow all day so far, with no signs of a let-up.
I'm taking a day off. The poor visibility, and my not-100% knee, aren't a good mix.
Hope everyone who's out today has a great time. There'll be plenty of powder around tomorrow methinks.
@itsLiamFleming, - I've sent you a PM (I hope)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy