Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When I grow up I want a quiver like this

Poster: A snowHead
PowderAdict wrote:
My complete quiver (yes, I’m a DPS fanboy rolling eyes), and I have toured on all them at some point. I nearly always carry skins off piste, as they expand your options and having a ski you can skin on can be a life saver.

Left to right underfoot, 100, 112, 112, 120, 124, 138, 148

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What are those round things between the toe and heel pieces?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Glosterwolf wrote:
What are those round things between the toe and heel pieces?
Recco reflectors I think?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
To be honest I would love to see some snow that warrants owning these skis.......
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ResQSki ski finder tags. If you lose a ski in powder you can easily find it again. Unfortunately it appears the company stopped selling new ones in 2020.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
how the hell do you lose a spoon????
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rogerdodger wrote:
To be honest I would love to see some snow that warrants owning these skis.......

Getting rarer and less predictable as the climate changes unfortunately Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rogerdodger wrote:

http://youtube.com/v/tilZznbgB-g
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jedster wrote:
how the hell do you lose a spoon????

I can’t recall ever ejecting from the Spoons, but given 2 or 3 ft of powder snow, if you did you wouldn’t know which way they went. The ski finders turn a potential day ending event into a couple of mins search. I’ve seen enough lost ski events to make it worth using them, including someone helicoptered out because they couldn’t find a ski in the middle of no where.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ResqSkis are great, at least they were until I lent them to a mate who dropped the receiver in the snow...and now it doesn't work. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One to show the Mrs. - the season's not over yet!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice collection Smile out of curiosity have you thought of using inserts instead of getting new bindings with each pair of skis? Thought that’d be a more practical solution. Of course is money is no object that’s a different matter…

Also what goggles are you using assuming that’s you in the video? I have some Oakley prizm lens but they are only good when sunny less so in bad weather condition so thinking of alternatives
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BobinCH wrote:
Rogerdodger wrote:

http://youtube.com/v/tilZznbgB-g

And closer to home November in Verbier on Spoons - best way to stay above the tree stumps

http://youtube.com/v/loymQUaqlQY
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lotus 124’s when the sun came out and need to navigate sketchy couloir entrance

http://youtube.com/v/ZMVaXx7rXNI
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quite surprised to see ski touring indings on every single one.

re ResQSki , wonder if airtag or smarttag in wateprofing case will work the same
latest report
@BobinCH, realistically though, are you actually planning on growing up? Laughing NehNeh
ski holidays
euanovsky wrote:
Nice collection Smile out of curiosity have you thought of using inserts instead of getting new bindings with each pair of skis? Thought that’d be a more practical solution. Of course is money is no object that’s a different matter…

Also what goggles are you using assuming that’s you in the video? I have some Oakley prizm lens but they are only good when sunny less so in bad weather condition so thinking of alternatives

I started of with QK’s on the Spoons and Wailers sharing some Look 14’s, but eventually ended up with each skis having its own bindings. Have you seen how much DPS skis cost, money isn’t really an issue……..

It wasn’t me in that video, I use Oakley Flightdeck's with Prizm lenses, I’ve got multiple pairs covering all the Prizm range, so I’m covered from whiteout to blue bird.
latest report
Inboard wrote:
@BobinCH, realistically though, are you actually planning on growing up? Laughing NehNeh

I’m 60, and I’m not planning on doing so……...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 10-02-24 8:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
ed48 wrote:
Quite surprised to see ski touring indings on every single one.

re ResQSki , wonder if airtag or smarttag in wateprofing case will work the same

AirTags work well in an urban environment with Find My Network, but out in the wild you’re down to less than 10m in ideal conditions under bluetooth. The Tile Mate and Tile Pro claim 76m and 120m respectively.

So it looks like the Tile Pro might be the best option to replace the ReQski, the Tile Mate doesn’t have a replaceable battery.
snow report
And the boy’s first sortie on the 112’s. He is a new fan…

http://youtube.com/v/3EX3fPpyl7I
ski holidays
"Son, you can have the skis or you can grow up, you can't do both." Very Happy
snow conditions
@BobinCH, Disagree with the need for a quiver but the lad's got a lovely feel for the snow. (And obvs nice moves).
Sweet!
latest report
that said, he does need experience on old skool 203 66mm sticks, just for a rounded education, we have a couple of pairs we can sell? NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
The boy is getting big. How long till he's full send on everything while Dad wonders how long he can pretend he's still got it? wink
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
@BobinCH, Disagree with the need for a quiver but the lad's got a lovely feel for the snow. (And obvs nice moves).
Sweet!

Thanks. He loves his pow snowHead

You used to disagree with the need for a ski over 75mm wide until you eventually tried your Mantras. I’m sure you’ll work out the merits of a quiver before you hit 80 NehNeh
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
The boy is getting big. How long till he's full send on everything while Dad wonders how long he can pretend he's still got it? wink

A couple more years of pretending left I reckon snowHead

After the Spoons, the most impressive of the DPS collection is the Pagoda Tour 112. At 1500g this thing skis almost like a Freeride ski. From the Bec des Rosses to the Volcanoes of Japan it is the weapon of choice for powder touring missions. If I could only have one ski it would be this one snowHead snowHead snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/udiuqeplF70
latest report
PowderAdict wrote:
So it looks like the Tile Pro might be the best option to replace the ReQski, the Tile Mate doesn’t have a replaceable battery.

I have samsung smart tag 2 and tested it yesterday. Still able to initiate "signal" from the phone in about 30m, however its questionable if able to hear it under snow more that 5-10m away.

The search function based on bluetooth signal strength is pretty crap, unless you have samsung ultra models, which can point the direction on the screen.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy