Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sante Foy 3rd week in March

Poster: A snowHead
I’ve paid a deposit on accommodation in Sante Foy for the 3rd week in March 2023. Taking my teenage and adult family on our first trip snowboarding together. So it’s kind of a big deal for us. I chose Sante Foy over larger more snow sure resorts because the youngest is still learning and all pistes return to the village. Then I hear snow is not good this year so far. Advice please from those with more experience. I could lose the the deposit and look for alternate accom in higher resorts like Tignes etc. Or am I over worrying? What do ya reckon Snowheads? Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you looked at their webcams?

Relax, March will be perfect!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sav, Over the recent warm spell that the media was reporting on every main run in SF where open , 80% it was one of the much better places in the French Alps . No need to worry the base laid by the snow cannons will see them to the end of the season, anyway normal service has now resumed . Look forward to your holiday .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh wow it looks so snowy on the cams Eh oh! ️Thanks so much for the reply! X
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah phew! Thanks Rob Eh oh!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sav, great choice of resort.

SF has a quaint charm that i never tire of.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aw that’s great to hear thank you x
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ste Foy is like having your own ski area. If you itch to try someplace else, it's a quick hop to Paradiski or La Rosiere. They used to offer discounts at nearby areas if you had a Ste Foy pass. Enjoy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In my 7 trips to St Foy never used the option to go to nearby areas. Why would you Smile

Have not been there since Covid and hear Bataleitte is being build-up. Hope this does not change the nature of the resort/area
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for this feedback. Very reassuring. I’m really excited!

Booking my transfers from Geneva today. Cheapest I can find is BensBus.co.uk but I cannot find a taxi from Sante Foy village to Sante Foy Resort so looking at getting dropped at Bourg St Maurice and booking a taxi from there as someone on here kindly suggested unless anyone has a better idea?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Sav, Check out you taxi price first as by the time you add it all up might be cheaper to rent a car which then gives you flexibility to visit Les Arcs , Val or La Rosiere and with shopping from Super U in Bourg on way up .
For my girls Bens Bus is very good you just have the problem of Village to Station and back .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah good point. Will do thanks Rob!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We're heading to Ste Foy for the first time in about 3.5weeks, so starting to get proper excited now.

We fly to Lyon, and have then booked a hire car. Small car is about £200 plus chain hire/purchase, which I'm thinking is pretty necessary. Transfers to Ste Foy Station were heading towards the same sort of money anyway for two people.

The car gives us flexibility on travel times, easier food stocking etc, and maybe the option for a run to a nearby resort if we need it. Balanced against that is the task of driving in whatever conditions we arrive in. We'll see how we go... Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah ok sounds like a good plan. Have looked at car but put off by the cost of one big enough for all 4 of us and out bags, but will re look today. Might end up similar and more useful like u say.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How much time would you give yourself after landing at Geneva before picking up a hire car?
snow conditions
@Sav, 30/45 mins the desks are near the Jazz cafe as you turn right after departures . Allow 2hrs 45mins Geneva to the station more if a Saturday
snow report
Does anyone know if there is free parking at Sante Foy resort? I think our accommodation charges £70 per day.
snow report
Yes there is free parking. My residence had sold out, and my car wouldn't fit the height anyway, so I just parked in front.
snow conditions
Brilliant! Thank you!
snow conditions
Any idea of fuel costs for drive to Sante Foy and back?
snow report
Sav wrote:
Does anyone know if there is free parking at Sante Foy resort? I think our accommodation charges £70 per day.
yes there is. 100-200 m trek depending where you stay. Ot drive to the property, unload, park and walk back.
snow conditions
Sav wrote:
Any idea of fuel costs for drive to Sante Foy and back?

I spent exactly £325 on diesel there and back. My car only gets 31mpg at autoroute speeds with a roof box.

Tolls are another £169, with a toll tag.
latest report
From Geneva airport to Sante Foy and back to airport?
snow report
Sav wrote:
From Geneva airport to Sante Foy and back to airport?

Ha, no! Sorry didn't read up the thread, that's from England.
latest report
Phew! Oh me heart Eh oh!
snow report
Hire cars are usually new and efficient. Just plan to fill up somewhere cheap (off the autoroute) before the airport. I've used a place in Annemasse before to fill up a hire car, but I don't think that's on your route.
snow report
Thank u
ski holidays
Sav wrote:
Brilliant! Thank you!

On arrival at residence go and speak to reception as once signed in they'll usually give you access to carpark temporarily so you can unload inside and next to a lift/stairs for convenience in getting your luggage to room.

Also worth scouting the corresponding route to room first as many accommodation there are side of mountain buildings with "snakes & ladders" Very Happy routing. Its all quite easy, but if you've a carload to carry it all helps you complete it with less friction and a little more relaxed.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah good tips thanks x
snow report
@Sav, which area/accom are you staying at?
snow report
Hi, I’m staying at Etoiles des Cimes.
I had another look and the parking is €70 for the week! Not per day. I’ve booked a hire car and reserved a car park there for now.

Any recommendations on winter sport travel insurance?
ski holidays
@Sav, your accom is 500 m by foot from the free parking. Your call whether parking convenience is worth eur 70 over two shleps to/from free parking during your stay

https://maps.app.goo.gl/SFtG7BRUqWksM3M47?g_st=ic
snow report
Well when you put it like that, it’s not really! Eh oh!
snow conditions
@Sav, We're making our second consecutive trip to SF/Etoile Des Cimes - you'll love it.

Not big and brash like many resorts, but so relaxed and enjoyable.

Perfect for new/developing skiers/boarders too.

Enjoy!
ski holidays
Aw brilliant thanks for sharing that! That’s exactly what I’m after. X
snow conditions
Hi everyone, so we fly to Geneva tomorrow and collect the hire car! I’ve hired from Unirent and have a booking reference, but worryingly haven’t received any email or info on how to find them at the airport? Has anyone used them before? Google says they might be owned by Europcar? Also l, I know this is very last minute but does anyone have a route they recommend to drive from Geneva to Sante Foy? Thank you!
snow report
Don’t know about the hire car , but the route I would drive is Motorway to Annacy round the lake but North Side then Albertville to Bourg then Ste Foy . To do this this put Talloires as way leave ? In the Sat Nav , avoids most of Annacy , it’s a very pretty route and is now the quickest unless you go all motorway to Chambrey then Albertville , 30km plus more and more tolls . DO NOT GO via La Thuille Italy Petit Bernard Pass is shut !
ski holidays
Quote:

I’ve hired from Unirent and have a booking reference, but worryingly haven’t received any email or info on how to find them at the airport?

Hmm. That's a bit odd - are they on the Swiss (international) side of the airport? Googling them does come up with some strange stuff.

All the car hire desks on the Swiss side of Gva are down past the Jazz café, on the right hand side as you emerge from arrivals. the cars are a short shuttle ride away. If there's no sign of Unirent I guess you ask at Europcar. They tend to be very slow - don't count on a swift getaway. Worth one of your party dashing straight out to the car hire desks, leaving the others to pick up the heavy baggage

As for route, depends a bit on traffic. Personally I would generally go from Annecy down to Albertville on the N road, down the side of the lake, rather than round on the autoroute via Chambery. Latter might be quicker, but obviously there are tolls. It's straightforward enough either way - see how the traffic looks when you get there.
latest report
Thank you both so much. I am embarrassed to say I don’t know what side of the airport they are on. I hadn’t thought of that when I was booking. Silly me.
snow report
I'd agree with @Rob Mackley, put Talloires as a waypoint in your satnav, and drive down the eastern side of the lake (not through Sevrier on the other side).

I suspect your rental is on the Swiss side. Hope so, as that will simplify getting down to the French border on the Swiss motorway out to Bardonnex. What time is your flight arriving?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy