Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner for mid April advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am new here and I hope I post this correctly!
I am looking to take my teenage son skiing next month, mid April. from 15th April onwards
We are looking for a cheap place for beginners, with instructors for 2/3 days.
We are based in London. Don't need food as will take our own
Any advice, on where, how etc. Just looking for best most cost efficient way to do this.
Thank you so much.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hemel or perhaps one of the big Dutch fridges if you fancy an abroad experience.

Not being funny but mid April is late in the season with the better snow likely at higher resorts which tend not to come with a cheap and cheerful price tag. Indoor slopes on teh other hand are crying out for business that time of year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Headbuzzz, welcome to snowHead

You’d need to aim high at that time, which may limit availability and suitability. Are you looking at a package as may be some deals available at places like Val Thorens

Alternatively look at Norway as will have snow still, but won’t be cheap

Apologies if I’m teaching you to suck eggs, but don’t forget there are restrictions on what food you can take now.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Driving is not the cheapest way to get somewhere so taking food is not the cheapest way of doing it. Val Thorens is a good resort to look at for that time of year. See what sunweb have to offer. If you can get something there self catering you should be fine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Search for Les Deux Alpes on Sunweb, it is the only place that I can think of that can claim to be cheap and have decent beginner skiing in mid April
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Headbuzzz,
Very limited choice that late in season.
How would you be travelling? Are you only looking to go for 2-3 days, or longer but only wanting instruction for 2-3 days?
I'd say Tignes-Val D'Isere as it stays open 'til end of April, which would hopefully give you a decent range of accommodation, shops, ski hire, ski schools etc still operating when you are looking to go.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sweden, although I haven't been, that should have snow.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome to Snowheads. snowHead The suggestion of a "fridge" is not a bad one, if he's a total beginner. 2 - 3 days out in the Alps, in mid April, is going to come very expensive "per hour". The cost of getting food locally will be the least of your worries.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Headbuzzz, if you are interested in VT I just did a search on the ValTho website and Vrbo, and apartments are coming up around the £500 to £750 mark for a one bedroom apartment with a sofa bed in the living area. You would need to get there of course. Driving from London is an option-but maybe not the cheapest-return channel tunnel, £85 each way toll fares, fuel. We do the drive to our place 20 mins down the road from VT usually in bang on 12 hours (don't hang about), leaving home near Gatwick at about 4am, but it's a proper slog if you have to do it yourself.
Or fly to Geneva and then take a bus transfer to the resort (Alpybus for VT) might work out cheaper for a DIY trip- €60 each way per person, but make sure you have a late enough flight for your return trip so that you can take a shared transfer. Taxis and private airport transfers are probably to exorbitant for what you are after.
Igluski.com is another option where you can search for package deals with flights and transfers.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

The suggestion of a "fridge" is not a bad one, if he's a total beginner. 2 - 3 days out in the Alps, in mid April, is going to come very expensive "per hour". The cost of getting food locally will be the least of your worries.

Agree with this. April is often not great for beginners given the bunny slopes can often be at the lower altitudes, and this year has been one of the driest and warmest in the EU alps.

Do a learn to ski course in your nearest UK fridge, and book a nice easy and cost effective weeks ski holiday for mainstream ski season 2024 Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's always the EosB
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy