Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coach from Milan Malpensa to Livigno

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of getting the tourist bus from Milan Malpensa to Livigno and back to the airport? Im trying to establish the feasibility for January next year and all of the websites are a bit confusing and don't give a great deal of info like can you take your board bag, what the cost is, what frequency do they run, do you have to book or just turn up etc. Have been several times but always with a big group and we have booked our own coach but not possible on this occasion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@steveg1299, I think @element is doing that exact trip this week - worth sending a PM?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@denfinella thanks for your reply. I'll drop them a pm thanks
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Might be worth checking if any of the TOs have space on offer on their transfers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks LaForet, good shout.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Steve, replied to your PM there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Worth looking at car hire if you aren't adverse to driving. Usually extremely cheap from Malpensa in Jan.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alasdair.graham wrote:
Worth looking at car hire if you aren't adverse to driving. Usually extremely cheap from Malpensa in Jan.

...and it is a long horrible transfer on a coach.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the reply Alasdair, ill have a look at costs but would imagine it may be a bit costly for it to sit in Livigno for a week
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dont mind the coach actually, its a nice journey up the side of Como, done it many times. Cant be worse than doing uk to Mayrhofen for Snowbombing but a bit old for that now Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@steveg1299, not necessarily - car hire was £70 for 11 days for me last week! Plus fuel.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@denfinella,
Quote:

car hire was £70 for 11 days for me last week! Plus fuel.

Are you able to tell us who you booked with, which company provided the car, what size of car, any other useful information please?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PeakyB, Goldcar, booked through Autoeurope about 2 months before. Compact SUV class (!) as that was weirdly the cheapest at the time.

Interrent and Goldcar seem to be the same company at Malpensa. Obviously they have a bad reputation globally but have used them twice now from Malpensa and were both fine.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@denfinella, thanks. Goldcar are one of a few rental agents I usually filter out st the search stage, on account of their poor customer reviews.

Useful to know they seem fine at Milan Malpensa and that was an outstanding deal you had Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@PeakyB, yeah, I was a bit concerned for the same reasons, but they were fine this time. In fact they provided one of the better car hire experiences we've had:

- polite staff who didn't try to add on any extra fees, and didn't push the excess reduction
- we were expecting to pay a "fuel logistical fee" listed in the small print, but this wasn't charged
- free snow chains brand new in their plastic wrapper (though had to ask for them)
- car ready on time, didn't have to wait
- parking timer card and snow scraper provided
- washer fluid fully topped up
- tyres didn't turn out to be under-inflated
- car damage report before hiring actually roughly resembled the reality (apart from hub caps, which they happily amended on the report when we told them)
- didn't try to charge extra when we got back a bit late

It's rare for hire car companies to manage all the above, so good on them this time!

There was one negative. A customer next to us had been given a car with a broken fuel gauge, and they were unable / unwilling to give him an alternative vehicle. I would have been annoyed if that was me.
ski holidays
I had a large SUV hire car, from Malpensa last week for 80 euros, Dicovercars, Drivalia, they have a good deal just now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy