Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair... bored at Salzburg airport

Poster: A snowHead
So observing the Ryanair flight to Stansted board while sitting at Salzburg.... do they limit the number of Priority boarding things they sell? As it seems from earwigging and observing the queue as they pass me that the vast majority of passengers have purchased it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They used to have a limit of 60 but not sure what it is now
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When everyone is a priority - then no one is a priority

Whats not to like from a marketting point of view?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Since the change of hand luggage policy it's cheaper to buy priority for 8€ and take 2bags on board than put the 10kg hand luggage to hold for 10€. These prices are for my next upcoming flight. I don't know if they are the sale for all routes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Next it'll be 'Extra Priority'.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
When we flew Ryanair as part of a TO package, it was booked by the TO as priority. Presumably to get the baggage allowance included in the up front cost.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
esaw1 wrote:
Next it'll be 'Extra Priority'.

Then super extra priority
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fly easyJet more than Ryanair for business mainly because Gatwick is closer than Stanstead. Always pay to sit at the front which comes with speedy boarding but travel light so that my bag can go under the seat if needed.

Used to work for BA and they're great but Easyjet are cheaper, just as good and if I do need to re schedule a return flight, paying for the difference is always still cheaper than BA/Lufthansa etc fully flex economy if it costs anything at all.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/BOrhMcqx6vw
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i once paid for priority boarding.
Only me.
So they let me on the bus first.
First on the bus.. last off the bus.

This was when seating wasn't assigned & it was a free for all.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snowheads68, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy exactly what I was thinking
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Friend came back from Barcelona yesterday with Ryanair, reckoned 2/3 of the flight was in the priority boarding queue.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
moosepig wrote:
Friend came back from Barcelona yesterday with Ryanair, reckoned 2/3 of the flight was in the priority boarding queue.

Think that probably fits, at some point they called for any more priority boarders and quiet a few more made themselves known from the queue and pushed forward but it looked at about 2/3’s boarded as priority.

Nb we weren’t on that flight we were waiting for our BA flight.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I never bother with priority boarding even when I have it. Why do I want to spend more time with people in a metal tube than I have to? Unless you’re in a window seat you’re going to be up and down like a yo yo and bashed and bumped.

Similarly why the hell do they want families to board first? I will keep my child in the lounge for as long as possible before I force him to sit down for hours.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I like to look of horror on the passengers faces when I board last and they are all thinking 'Is he going to sit next to me '
snow report
@BergenBergen, Laughing
ski holidays
When Im travelling on my own on Easyjet, I always board last, just as the groundcrew say after me "boarding complete". I then chose what ever seat I want. I invariably end up with a window seat at the front, or the extra leg room seat at the emergency exits.
ski holidays
Not a fan of Salzburg airport, particularly on the way home it is very spartan. Also prices the past 2 years have been extremely high to fly. I see Ryanair are using Klagenfurt from Stansted, Manchester and Dublin. Further aways, but how is it to transfer, or using public transport to get to ski areas, Saalbach, Westendorf, Kirchberg, St. Johann, Wagrain etc?
ski holidays
so many people get it without paying.
young families, the old, the disabled, the injured, the mugs who paid.
snow conditions
So having started this thread 4 years ago finally now booked first flight with ryanair since posting this.

So booked hubby ticket for a long weekend so ony wanted hand luggage. If you want hand luggage of a bigger size, you appear to ONLY be able to book that wiith priority. I was struggling to see how to book hand luggage without a seat pre-booked as well via phone and switched to PC.

This explains a lot of my observations while sat there bored at the airport Smile
snow conditions
@NickyJ, they aren't selling extra hand luggage, they are selling priority which gives you the extra bag and the ability to book your seat
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@NickyJ, they aren't selling extra hand luggage, they are selling priority which gives you the extra bag and the ability to book your seat

Errrm OoooKaaay. However saved about £20 by booking value ticket, then adding on extra hand luggage with priority and not adding on seat vs the regular option which bundles all. My husband is just travelling on his own so frankly doesn't care where he sits. Does need extra hand luggage though. Having gone through booking now explains why vast majority had "priority"
snow report
@NickyJ, its all about the marketing
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@NickyJ, its all about the marketing

Ahhh thats why it all feels nonsensical to me being an engineer Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy