Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flat Feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, not sure whether this is the right place for this post but I hope it is. About to go on my 3rd-week skiing in 2 weeks' time and remembered how sore my feet were last time in boots due to my flat feet. Any suggestion on insoles ie. off the shelf/custom? Dont really want to have sore feet whilst skiing this time around again. If there are any recommendations for custom insoles could it ideally be in the Manchester or Lancaster area?

Thanks, in advance for any help Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you have your own boots?

Definitely worth getting custom insoles.

But can't remember on any recs for good boot fitters in the NW.... I am sure someone will make a suggestion soon though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

due to my flat feet

Are you sure it's because of flat feet? Do you have similar problems in, for example, walking boots?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Layne, unfortunately, don't have my own boots - Im a uni student so not really in my budget at the moment until next season NehNeh
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w, occasionally I have sore feet in my normal shoes, not very often though, seems to just be very sore in ski boots. happened at the chill factore aswell the other day when I went for a few hours
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@clintt15, insoles may or may not help, it will depend if your feet are flexible and flat or rigid and flat, a flexible flat foot (pronated foot) can be stabilized with an insole and this will be more comfortable than the flat carpet tile you get in a rental boot, but if the foot is pathologically rigid and flat then most insoles will hurt unless specifically tailored to exactly your foot shape

it could equally be the rental boots themselves as they really aren't the same as the boot you buy, they are designed to accommodate as many feet as possible not fit any foot

probably cutting it a bit tight for this year, but Graham at Rivington Alpine is your guy in the northwest
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@CEM, I did have a look at Graham but think he's away from the 14th - 21st skiing so maybe out of luck with him. Did see anything technical in Kendal but not sure again. So if I could perhaps get some custom insoles before I go away would they be able to be put into the rental boots or would I be better off just waiting and maybe getting some custom boots done next season? Thanks for the help though appreciate it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clintt15, i would wait and do it as a boot/insoles together thing, it is all very well making an insole and putting it into a rental boot but if it isnt transferable to a new boot for any reason then it is money wasted
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@clintt15, given time constraints maybe find a "better" rental shop with " better" boots?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@CEM, Ill definitely be down to your shop for a pair when the time comes then. Thanks for the help.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, Managed to get ski hire with the one best-reviewed shop in the village so hoping for good things but guess we'll see
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy