Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski tracking apps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What apps are people using to track their skiing? I used to use Trace Snow but it's dead. I'm using android if that helps.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I see I have Ski Tracks installed, and also remember having used Strava and Runkeeper before.

Not used during the last two seasons, but not because of the health situation. Rather, I stopped seeing the point in tracking speed - it's easy to go fast, doing so elegantly is not something an app can (yet) do. I could probably have switched back to Strava to track the uphills last year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Slopes looks realy good but I have not used it yet, I'm planning to use it for the PSB, its Strava like social functions may cause serious competition if enough Snowheads download it Toofy Grin

Had Ski Tracks for my last big season, which started to get unreliable, consequently I didn't use anything the last season I skied.

https://getslopes.com/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i use viewranger mainly to know where I am on a real topographical map.

Incidently I did record 1400 km/h on one occaision and I claim that as the fastest ever recorded on skis. Since then I have given up looking at tthe speeds I've done.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can usually remember where I've been.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 on Ski Tracks

Which is nothing to do with my user name Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than create a new one.

Every year on the family ski trip we pick up the kids from ski school and I ask them where they've been, so that I can get a gauge of the runs to take them on in the afternoon. However that's normally greeted by shrugged shoulders. Sometimes I can get a vague idea from the instructor.

Just wondered which apps were best for tracking the runs that have been skiied on, so that I can turn it on the kids phones and then review it over lunch/evening. I've used ski tracks before, more to see what mileage we've done on a given day - but the map info seems a bit limited, just a bunch of squiggy lines on a blank background.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Handy Turnip, If your resort is covered by Skiline, all you need is their lift pass number. Skiline will show lifts taken and the timeline.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Austrian Seagull wrote:
@Handy Turnip, If your resort is covered by Skiline, all you need is their lift pass number. Skiline will show lifts taken and the timeline.

Thanks, really useful. Just looked and La Plagne is covered, so just downloaded it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If it's "Where did we go?" as opposed to "How fast did we go?" I'd recommend Fatmap, for the 3D visualization as much as anything - something it was recently bought out by Strava for.

And you get all the tracking/visualization stuff with the free, non-subscription version so no need to pay any money unless you actually want the other features.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mjit wrote:
If it's "Where did we go?" as opposed to "How fast did we go?" I'd recommend Fatmap, for the 3D visualization as much as anything - something it was recently bought out by Strava for.

And you get all the tracking/visualization stuff with the free, non-subscription version so no need to pay any money unless you actually want the other features.

Thanks @Mjit - yes it's just about a clear visualisation of where they've been. I'm happy to use Ski Tracks for the 'how far have we been' stats, although I tend not to even do that with the family. Thanks, I'll give it a look!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy