Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Update from SNOWSHEPHERD

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Well its been a while since I was on the forum, to old my old friends out there, hi, to anyone who does not know I am Tim Shepherd from Snowshepherd.

I thought it would be worth while to update about Snowshepherd, I have decided to take a very much back seat in the operation, and let my son Brandon run the business, a bit of youth and a new approach is needed. As old friends will know I started Snowshepherd back in 2009, as an off piste opertion, but over time it devolped into us being a Glove manufactuer!

We have a new website, new products and lots more, we are now in shops as well?? The old website gave snowheads 10% off once they logged onto the site, I can not do that system now, so please just use the code SNOW (yep in caps) to get the 10% off.

So best regards to everyone who knows me, I hope that with some spare time on my hands I can get back out with you lot of retrobates and do some skiing again!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@livetoski, nice one, was looking for some new gauntlet gloves. Do your gauntlet gloves have removeable liners?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nbt, only on the Antarctic Mitts, the others no, we have a new leather though now, much improved over the old style we used and not as bright yellow LOL
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm. The leather mittens look very like the Kinco 901 mittens which were sold by the Piste Office (but the site shows as sold out). If they are the same, they are excellent.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can highly recommend the gloves and mittens. I've had 3 pairs, bought a few more as gifts, and had lots of friends try mine and then buy some.

Shipping speed has improved immensely under Brandon Happy Sorry Tim!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lol no problem, we have good stock now
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@achilles, yep based around the kinco but we only do our own version, ours are much better and warmer lol
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice one - is there a cleaning guide on your website? I love my leather guide pro gloves but do get complaints about the smell...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Meltus, lol leather cleaner, works, or put them in the freezer overnight it kills the bugs off Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@livetoski, they have individual fingers inside, which makes them super warm for the coldest of days.

I don’t understand this? Anything between the fingers in a mitten makes them less rather than more warm.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BobinCH, from experience then no individual insulated fingers, within a insulated outer is warmer, plus our secret 2mm of neoprene across the back of the hand within the mitt !
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I may be being dim, but I can’t see the size measurements pic anywhere…… on phone or pc Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@gilo, will double check the new site might not have brought it across from the old platform, which glove?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@livetoski, What do you, and other SH’s, recommend as an additional liner for 3 finger mittens?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@gilo, just updated missing off a few of the gloves

@Austrian Seagull, would just go for a silk liner nice and thin and comfy
ski holidays
Nice to hear from you Mr Shepherd.
snow conditions
@Layne, Very Happy
ski holidays
livetoski wrote:

So best regards to everyone who knows me, I hope that with some spare time on my hands I can get back out with you lot of retrobates and do some skiing again!

See you at the EOSB then!
snow report
@livetoski, thanks, I might just get the large size and put my own in anyway
latest report
These might just be exactly what I'm looking for!

I have Raynaud's so have issues keeping hands warm. I've not tried a mitten but quite like the idea of the 3 finger gloves (but probably should get the mitten!)

Is there much difference in internal warmth between the glove, 3 finger and mitten?
snow conditions
@ciderinsport, hiya full mittens are the warmest, I get raynaurds as well but usually in the summer, yep I know mad.
Our mitts are super warm, the guide pro ones.
Hope that helps
ski holidays
@livetoski, Only problem your glove business has, is that they last so long, it'll be years for repeat purchases. My black leather gloves from about five or six years ago are still fine, despite several full seasons of wear , and JanetS ' lobster claws are still "new" after four years and a couple of full seasons.
For anyone in the market for gloves Snowsheperd are the business.
latest report
@livetoski, all fixed now. Thanks. Order incoming!
latest report
They look nice, I am on the lookout for new mitts, are the liners mittens as well? Or are they a glove?
I get a problem with my current mitts where my fat fingers (wide palm, but stubby fingers, so I buy to fit my fingers & not have an inch or so beyond my fingers) pull the liner fingers out a bit. As you can imagine, this is a PITA when wet & trying to get the tube back down. I would want mittens, but with a mitten liner, not with a glove liner!
Would these be an option? - actually, I would prefer a 3 finger setup
latest report
Probably going to get some mittens for myself, missus is taken by the idea of heated ones after a particularly cold week in Jan, any plans to add heated ones to the range?
snow conditions
I only searched the forum for Kinco and Snowshepherd the other day. Glad to see the recommendations on here.

@livetoski, if I order this weekend, will they arrive before next weekend? (Delivery to Bedfordshire).
snow conditions
Ordered some guide pro mittens with the discount (thanks!)

Off the ADH in a couple of weeks, will report back for all the raynauds sufferers... To give this some context, here today in the sunny south it was 9 degrees. For most of my body that was shorts and tee-shirt weather.... My hands had a different idea.
snow report
@livetoski, Can you advise when The Classic size large will be back in stock? Many thanks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@livetoski, just placed an order for your gauntlet gloves, have been looking at these type of gloves for ages, but have baulked at paying over £130 for the hestra heli type, even today they were £150 at ellis brigham in Bristol. Shocked Shocked

thanks for discount code, cannot wait to try them out when they arrive Very Happy

may now look for new gloves/mittens for my youngest, as has just started snowboarding
snow report
@ol_smokey, NO NO our gloves and mitts are warm enough already lol
latest report
@Gored, we only do the full mitten liner on the Antarctic mittens
snow report
@hammerite, hiya yes usually next day, also free shipping at the moment
snow report
@peter w, should be within next 2 weeks, more on the way keep eye on website

PS free shipping finishing soon !!
snow report
@hammerite, or you could pop over to towcester assuming that livetoski still has physical premises.

Not a long drive from Bedford then you'll also be sure you have the correct size and obviously spend more money on lots of other goodies.

Welcome back @livetoski, good to hear Brandon's liver survived his years of cheff'in in the mountains.
ski holidays
@ansta1, all the stock is with Brandon now in Staffordshire!
Lol yep he's healthy apart from 2 knee operations he still manged a top 10 place in last years freeride UK event at glencoe
snow report
nice to hear from you again @livetoski, order placed and PMing you now to see if I can add to it!
snow report
@ansta1, agree Bedford isn't too far from Towcester (even though it's all in Staffs now!). However, I now live in Andorra not in Bedford. I'm planning on getting them sent to my house in England and then the OH can bring them back out here when she comes at the weekend.

@livetoski, thanks for the reply.
ski holidays
Am in the market for a new pair of gloves so what perfect timing!
snow conditions
@livetoski,

Quote:

also free shipping at the moment

has this offer ended? I'm about to place an order but it's not showing free shipping for me - I AM using the discount code, so if it's one or the other then that's fair enough
snow conditions
Yep soz free shipping over now but SNOW still working
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy