Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booze related ski nightmares

Poster: A snowHead
Hiya
Me and 2 friends went for a days skiing not far from where we live in Vienna and my mate invited us back to his place after for some food and drinks. By the time i got back to Vienna i was absolutely hammered and lost my beloved Dynastar Sultans which i was incredibly fond of and im gutted about losing them.
So please understant this is an entirely selfish post to hear your alcohol related ski disasters in order that i might feel slightly less pissed off about what happened.
Over to you!
Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smashing up my MCL, PCL and ACL after attempting to ride a rail in the park first thing in the morning, after staying out until 5am.

A hard, painful and long-running way to learn my lesson about drinking and skiing!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blimey @Harry Flashman, that's tough.

Delayed flight so getting to resort after shops shut meant no tonic or lemons for the duty free gin!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A very long time ago, as a hubristic and callow youth, I thought I should enter a (proper, FIS managed, quasi-international) bumps race.

Unfortunately, having decided to have a week off the sauce (this was when I was a rep in a ski resort and I felt it had all been a little too much fun of late), the night before the race the weather was strongly suggesting it would be canceled and then an old chum from home rolled into town, and it - was - his - birthday. Shocked rolling eyes rolling eyes

You can see where I'm going with this ...

With only a couple of hours kip I'm rudely awakened at 07h30 - the race is on - in an absolute white out Shocked

A bottle of yoghurt drink (all I could handle) later and I'm in the start gate.

I managed exactly one bump, lost spatial awareness, somersaulted into the next, landing on the small of my back and compression fracturing vertebraes L4 and L5.

I still got more points than a friend who completed the course though NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had a bad dream last night where I was somehow getting a train back from skiing apres to where I was staying and managed only to bring with me a single ski which wasn't even mine. That's as close as I get to heavy apres action these days.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Doesn't everyone have this sort of dream? Randomly going places, in trains, on ski lifts, arriving without your skis or boots, getting a train going in the wrong direction, skiing over a ridge with nothing beneath it, losing touch with your group, etc. etc. ? I know both my wife and me have variations on this sort of theme quite frequently. Not usually drink related though, either within the dream or IRL triggering it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had an extended session in the wobbly rabbit and decided the expedient way to get home to la Daille was to skin up and ski back. God knows how we got back but we did, i have memories of sliding down the netting on the La Daille side as it was setup for a race - woke up still wearing my gear, with a burger (!) in my bed, well some of it anyway. Irresponsible and dangerous in hindsight which in my youth I didn't posses much of !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not really a Nightmare - as it's just too ridiculous - And it didn't happen to me, only because I was suffering from a sceptic throat, so stayed in on the first night.

It was the early 80s, in Verbier, where I was with 2 other Muppets. None of us had an ounce of common sense and it didn't help that half the cost of the holiday was spent on booze. We were staying at Chalet Chat, with the now defunct Supertravel....we were posh in those days. Toofy Grin

On arrival - around 5pm - my 2 Friends immediately dropped their luggage and went in search of "alcoholic refreshment". At around 8pm, we had to go ahead with the evening meal without them, as they had not appeared. We eventually went to bed, as they still had not appeared.

At around 3am, they staggered in the door - I know as I was sharing a room with one of them. They had got so drunk, that they couldn't find their way back and were wondering around Verbier like lost souls, for more than a few hours. They'd still be wondering about if some good Samaritan hadn't guided them back.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 7-03-23 16:58; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chaletbeauroc, to be fair my usual recurring ski related nightmare involves going to a resort where I know intimately the layout of each of 4 mountains (but none seem to correspond to a real life resort) but fail to ski for most of the week through a combination of group faff, missed buses and no snow on particular aspects etc. Standard anxiety dream.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dave of the Marmottes, Yupp, sounds pretty much standard, although mine never go on that long.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, another one. Sleeping in a snow hole in Tignes (the only time in civvy life any of my army training has actually saved my life), as I was too drunk to find my way home after getting thrown out of a club.

I woke in the morning, cold but alive, to find I had dug my nest in the back garden of the UCPA I was staying at.

Strong work. My girlfriend (now wife) was unimpressed. My youth was definitely feckless.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
#1 Ski train. Going to bed in the couchette. Decided to take shoes and socks off at end of carriage so as not to disturb other occupants (family of 4). Stepped in puke on the corridor floor (not mine!). Had to hop to the toilet and try to wash off in the tiny sink with dribble of water. My mate was in stitches. I think we woke the whole carriage up.

#2 Tignes Les Brev Friday night. Went to bar as last night but as we were on ski train (again) we were skiing Saturday. In the bar started playing pool then one of our gang decides he needs to get rid of all his French Francs (yes it was a while ago) so buys a round of Ricard. Someone else thinks this is a great idea, so does the same, and so on. I was ratted. We had to pack up and clear out the next morning by 9 and go skiing (train back is in the evening). It was a bluebird day I felt so crap I could barely ski anything. Never repeated the mistake.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Haha some good ones there! Drank like a madman on my first few trips but its hard enjoying the skiing with a banging hangover and im very boring and take my skiing very seriously these days (apart from the rare exception like Sunday). Im gutted though. I LOVED those skis Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I will admit to pulling on a pair of my wife's knickers one morning after a heavy night on the lash, and struggling to get out the door to go skiing. Once the hangover had worn off and at the first bar stop of the day, I realised why my botty crack and nadgers felt like they had been garotted.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The key given to us by the front desk didn't open the door to our hotel room, but that didn't stop me. I believe the term is "loiding", sliding a credit card into the door jamb to move the latch, and I got us in there right quick. It was dark but I could still tell that a woman sat up in the bed rather abruptly. I will say I then came up with good words, which were "there's been a mistake, we're leaving now" and did so. In the morning I saw the "A" on the door, as in 201A, rather than our room, 201. So to her I say: I hope you got back to sleep, and thanks for not shooting me!
snow report
After a night of far too many beers and shots and dancing in Crazy Daisy's in Zell Am See we eventually took to the streets. A few of our group wanted to go home, and a few wanted to search out the towns finest Kebab shops - que an argument in the street with snow falling around us, when yours truly spits his dummy out and throws the only room key at the group wanting to leave - and then watches it arc over their heads and land somewhere in a street full of fresh snow. 45 minutes later we managed to find it. I was very unpopular for the rest of that night, and never got that kebab!

These days I enjoy taking a seat in the Goat in Hinterglemm and watching the carnage as the pissed up people try that final 150m on skis after over indulging!
ski holidays
Carvin Marvin wrote:
After a night of far too many beers and shots and dancing in Crazy Daisy's in Zell Am See we eventually took to the streets. A few of our group wanted to go home, and a few wanted to search out the towns finest Kebab shops - que an argument in the street with snow falling around us, when yours truly spits his dummy out and throws the only room key at the group wanting to leave - and then watches it arc over their heads and land somewhere in a street full of fresh snow. 45 minutes later we managed to find it. I was very unpopular for the rest of that night, and never got that kebab!

These days I enjoy taking a seat in the Goat in Hinterglemm and watching the carnage as the pissed up people try that final 150m on skis after over indulging!

LOL yeah its funny watching wasted people. I was in a Pizzeria in Lech and this lad comes crashing in, literally legless still in ski boots, flailling around all over the place, yelled something incoherent and then promptly fell backwards onto a table where a family was having dinner, glasses, plates, drinks crashing all over the place...poor family but OMG it was the funniest thing, the waiters picked him up and literally threw him out the door!! And i thought Lech was all posh and sophisticated!! And yeah - i think weve all done the 2am kebab even though youve just had a big dinner a few hours ago...
ski holidays
Timbobaggins wrote:
I will admit to pulling on a pair of my wife's knickers one morning after a heavy night on the lash, and struggling to get out the door to go skiing. Once the hangover had worn off and at the first bar stop of the day, I realised why my botty crack and nadgers felt like they had been garotted.

Very Happy Toofy Grin Very Happy
ski holidays
We were in Sauze when the kids were small, we hadn't been drinking, and had gone to bed. About 2 am a group of lads came back to the hotel from the pub, they were loud, and laughing and stayed in the lobby continuing their fun, well hubby had enough and opened the bedroom door and yelled out go the fk to bed, ye eejits.
Two years ago there was a lad in our local bar, and we were talking about skiing and he said once he was in Sauze, came home late and some contrary Irish fecker, ( he was English) yelled down the stairs at them to go to bed, Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing What were the odds that we would cross paths in the west of Ireland.
ski holidays
I remember being extremely pissed in Bobby's Bar in Saalbach about 20 years ago. About 3 in the morning and it was still banging in there. A mate and I attempted to play pool. We were so pissed we couldn't even hit the cue ball - we had to kneel down by then to take shots so we didn't fall on the table. Strange thing is that 2 Swedish guys were watching and challenged us to a game for a round of beers. We said it would be ridiculous, but they insisted and we gave it a go. The absolutely stupid thing here is we actually beat them! I don't know to this day how that was possible ! Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy