Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitters in Tignes (ideally Val Claret)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There are several posts on this topic, but I think that last was about 4 years old, and while there seemed to be some very helpful recommendations, they focused on places that seem to no longer exist.

(The most highly regarded fitters seemed to be JoJo at Nevada Sports, and Jean Charles at Ski Fast and/or Sport 2000 on rue de la Poste. Alas, after a bit of googlng, I fear none of these establishments is still in business.)

Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ondra, If you look at the Tignes thread for this season there are some recommendations and peoples experience of them. This has come about as the 2 you mention are now retired (and therefore not on strike).

PS welcome to snowHeads
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to the mayhem.

My Daughter went to Sportski Richermoz beside Hotel Curling. I emailed Michel Richermoz, who is the owner and experienced Bootfitter to set up appointment, with the intention of using him. When we went for our appointment, Michel was away at Kitzbuhel where he knew a Racer who had done well - so had the other younger Fitter.

My Daughter ended up with Boots she is happy with. My only reservation was that there was no Shell Check - so I asked for one, as well as trying the next size down. I think she is in the correct Boots.

The same week, another Snowhead also used them and got Michel himself...and he too was happy with the result. We called in later in the week to meet Michel himself, who is a charismatic character, who has been fitting boots since Noah was a boy.

There was nothing wrong with the chap who we used - but I would insist on Michel himself, not least because his English is better.

The other 2 places on my shortlist were:

- Helen @ Tignes Spirit (Lavachet)

- Sebastien @ Mountain Story (Lac)

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=161226&start=840

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=161226&start=920
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the quick responses, welcome messages, and helpful advice! I had already visited Sportski Richermoz - their window display made it seem they are serious about boot fitting - but they did not have the one boot I wanted to be sure I tried.

(At the end of last season, I visited two ski shops where I live and after trying boots and talking to boot fitters, the Salomon S/Max 130 (Carbon) seemed the clear winner. But I wanted to buy when I am skiing, so I could go back to the shop the next day to address any issues. And I also wanted to try Fischers - my current boots - which neither shop stocked. Alas, neither Sportski Richermoz nor Mountain Story has either that Salmon or its successor, the S/Pro Alpha 130 El. And based on their website, Tignes Spirit only sells 5 boots (??).

I don't suppose anyone has any other suggestions?

Thanks!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy