Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does anyone have a spare ACL?

Poster: A snowHead
Mine went on blue 26in Cervinia on Saturday just above the snow park. Sledge down and strapped up locally with an MCL diagnosis, flew home on Sunday.

A&E yesterday with a great physio suggests an ACL rupture or sprain however an X-RAY shows a tiny shard of bone in the joint so I'm now waiting on the fracture clinic and hopefully an MRI scan.

All training is now out of the window for a while so the sensible thing is to defer both the 70.3 triathlon in June and Ironman Bolton in July until 2024.

Gutted to say the least but 35 years of skiing without issue is a pretty good stint.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've had this. So sorry, but I'm back skiing as I was before now, so there is hope.

How did it happen?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@homers double, how very annoying. I am in the same boat. So probably an ACL rupture if bone floating around? Surgery?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Harry Flashman, Just went over a rolling section at a reasonable speed but nothing daft and the next thing I know is me hitting the deck, loosing the right ski and left one (being the now injured knee) flapping about. Other than that I have no idea.

@under a new name, I'm not sure yet as I was only checked out properly yesterday, I'll know more in "7-10 days"

I'm not sure how to get pics on here but the sliver of bone seems so insignificant but I suppose than can be the issue in the long term.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do not do what I did and fail to take the rehab seriously. My leg was screwed for a year, until I was able to do a full season on skis to do some functional rehab...

It's boring, but absolutely critical.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry to hear you’re injured.
The “tiny shard of bone” may well be a Segond fracture. This is where you’ve basically pulled a section of bone off along with the ACL.
Obviously we don’t have the images (and I am neither an orthopaedic surgeon nor a radiologist), but if that is the case, it is strongly suggestive that your ACL has gone.

Welcome to “the club”!

There is also loads of useful information in the massive ACL thread in injury and fitness.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can have mine. It's in two bits though.

I'd defo cancel the half and full. I struggled with a standard a year post injury. Swim and cycle were fine but I was overtaken by an 80 year old on the run....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Those are my thoughts and as soon as I have some form of movement where I can realistically get into the pool then I will. Otherwise I'll end up bed bound and the star of a channel 5 show on obesity!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@homers double, ask @k, how much run training she'd done prior to being "overtaken by an 80 year old on the run...." wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@homers double, I am currently undergoing "pre-hab" in advance of planned surgery 29.03.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My colleague was absolutely tortured by her physio (her words) before her op but stuck to all instructions to strengthen as much muscle as possible pre-op as it would be useless post-op.
She said the comparison with those in her rehab group who didn't bother, was profound. It was really hard work but very clearly paid off.
Good luck.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Orange200, I don't yet feel I'm being tortured .. Puzzled been a few things that were hard to begin with but are OK now
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
@Orange200, I don't yet feel I'm being tortured .. Puzzled

I felt I was post-op when physio did some sports massage to try to break down the scar tissue which was causing me difficulties.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NickyJ, ah, now you mention it, there were a few "sensitive moments" in the acute phase Shocked
snow report
I guess I'm in the very early stages at the minute. Injury was 4 days ago but I'm already becoming frustrated at the "7-10 days" wait time for an appointemt at the fracture clinic.

I'm going to gve them a call tomorrow and see whats what, if anything.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy