Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Essential travel advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's a top tip for all those travelling by snow train and wish to consume COLD beer en route.

Purchase a case or two of beer on the ferry prior to boarding the train.
Take the pillow case provide by the rail company and soak with water.
Place up to 6 CANS of your preferred beverage in the soaked pillow case.
Attach the soaked and filled pillowcase to two of the coat hanger hooks provided above the window.
Ensure that it is secure.
Pull down the window and place the pillow case and its contents on the other side of the glass.
Push the window back and pull the cans in tight against the window to prevent them from banging against the window and fizzing up.
Leave for 15-30 mins(depending on ambient temp).
After the desired time interval retrieve COLD cans and replace with next batch.

Please note that failure to follow these instruction will result in the consumption of warm beer or the parting of vast sums of money at the train bar for not very cold ones (Train prices - £50 for 24 330ml cans)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just watch out for those non-stop mail collection nets!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's the most creative version of an ice bucket I've ever heard of. Are you a descendant of Heath Robinson?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm impressed!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did this 15 years ago on the Trans Siberian Express. The train commander (chief guard) stopped by one day for a chat in the corridor. When he walked away he saw my bag hanging out of the window, hesitated a second then guessed what it was, just rolled his eyes and carried on his way. Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pete, I take it the chill time was some what shorter than 15-30 mins in siberia?
The reason I posted this obvious cooling method is that know one else on our train was doing it (until we enlightened them) but they were complaining of warm or overpriced beer.

Other survival tips for the train are,

Take plenty of drinking water - you'll need it in the morning, particularly if you get the chiller unit working.
Take food for evening munch and breakfast as little provision is made by the rail company.
Take sound system though be considerate of fellow passengers - tell them about the chiller and crank it UP! Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you finally decide the party's over, a pair of earplugs is like gold dust.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy