Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying a new snowboard for a beginner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone, I was looking at this board from BeXtreme and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it. I'm currently living in Barcelona and I'm trying to buy my first board and I want to make sure I get a good one thatll last me a while and will be worth the money. The board and quality look good to me but wanted to get some feedback from others that know more than me. Thanks. Here's a link to the board https://bextremeboards.com/gb/snowboards/tablas-snow/tabla-snowboard-160cm-waves-bextreme.html
Also there are some other boards too I'm not sure would be better for a beginner or not. If anyone has any greater knowledge on this I'd really appreciate it.
https://bextremeboards.com/gb/snowboards/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
with this amount you could find many boards.
But assuming you are a beginner, you have to find first of all boots, then according to the boots size, and your body you have to find the right size from the board + bindings.
Do not start from the board. It is wrong
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How convenient. You are in Barcelona. The board manufacturer are in Barcelona.
Anyway… anyone buying a beginner snowboard needs to be pushed off a cliff & help the gene pool.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's a bit unfair to the OP - If I was in Barcelona I would be looking at local firms...

I am going to give the OP the benefit of any doubt :: welcome @ricardo32
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am a skier, not a snowboarder - and would like to welcome you to the forum.

I suspect buying a Board as a beginner is unwise. I think the advice from @turms2, sounds good. The insult from Gored does not.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The uk and spain have easy lower cost purchase options other than random forum spam.

My bet is the links above would have zero sales traction in the uk anyway so its a non event before mentioning the inflated cost.

Decathlon here and in spain has options for people not in the know ie. decathlon is a one stop shop, for the budget entry rider buying into a weeks snowboarding Holiday .
It highly likely this would be a much better bet for less cash if you don have used hardgoods knowledge .

Some of the Decathlon gear may be punching way above its weight too and comes up on sale also waxing tools an baselayer clothing etc
The last few Earls court ski shows had Decathlon stands years ago for holiday ski an snowbrd gear but the hardgoods items may need ordering in

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 2-03-23 10:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah but it's still spam, naked, stupid, moronic spam. It's pretty dumb that you can sign up for an account and post spam straight away, but that's the way it is. If you snowboarded, you'd know this is garbage. If you don't, please stop boosting spam. Wasting snow is bad enough, but we don't need more of this garbage.

Rent snowboards if you don't know what you want. When you do know what you want, it won't be this.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FWIW - i bought a cheap second hand snowboard for my relatively beginner status last year. In Ireland we don't have a great choice but i found one that was wide enough for my clown feet and about the right length going by interweb advice. For 90 euro including some SP bindings and a board bag (and a very comfy pair of ski trousers) I figured it was worth a punt. I have used it on two holidays now, so i guess it has more that paid for itself. I have enjoyed using it and I would say that the limiting factor in my riding is definitely not the board - more my inexperience and lack of skill.

I also acquired a pair of boots through the local used stuff website. I've no idea if they are good or rubbish, but my feet fit in them and they work fine with the board. I do have to retighten them after the first few runs as they start to feel a little loose around the shins, but are usually fine after that. I paid about €40 for the boots IIRC. I used them in Finland last year and had no problems, in Italy this year I did get a bot of a pong from them after a days riding in slush when they soaked through. I guess the -27 in Finland stopped the bacteria reproducing to create the pongs!

For the record - the boots are Northwave Freedom something or other and the board is a Raven Core from about 2012. They were both at the budget end of the spectrum when they were new anyway.

Now i appreciate it is not new and may be far inferior to a new board, but i figured at my level it wouldn't really matter. I windsurf and figured a comparison could be drawn with that kit - lots of people want the newest and the best, but their skill is the limiting factor, not the kit they are using. Equally I have often seen really good windsurfers ripping on ancient kit.

I guess I'm saying, from my experience, don't get too hung up on the board - any board might just do as long as it is around the correct length (and width if you have clown feet).

I'm sure there are a million reasons that you should buy a new board as a beginner, and the board manufacturers will be able to add another million - but it might not be necessary. I would imagine there is a good supply of used kit in / near mountain areas.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tirol 164 wrote:
The uk and spain have easy lower cost purchase options other than random forum spam.

My bet is the links above would have zero sales traction in the uk anyway so its a non event before mentioning the inflated cost.

Decathlon here and in spain has options for people not in the know ie. decathlon is a one stop shop, for the budget entry rider buying into a weeks snowboarding Holiday .
It highly likely this would be a much better bet for less cash if you don have used hardgoods knowledge .

Some of the Decathlon gear may be punching way above its weight too and comes up on sale also waxing tools an baselayer clothing etc
The last few Earls court ski shows had Decathlon stands years ago for holiday ski an snowbrd gear but the hardgoods items may need ordering in

I mean I was looking at more local shops, and the boards seemed good. Obviously new to this so don't really know where to start but I appreciate your input, really appreciate it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
phil_w wrote:
Yeah but it's still spam, naked, stupid, moronic spam. It's pretty dumb that you can sign up for an account and post spam straight away, but that's the way it is. If you snowboarded, you'd know this is garbage. If you don't, please stop boosting spam. Wasting snow is bad enough, but we don't need more of this garbage.

Rent snowboards if you don't know what you want. When you do know what you want, it won't be this.

Was just looking for some general advice bro no need to be rude. I obviously don't know what I'm looking for or where to start and I just wanted to see if some more experienced riders could help me out here and give me some good advice on a board.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ricardo23
Suckers might buy into your BS ?
No snowboarders on here will.... although you can keep on trying I guess until the post or thread gets deleted.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy