Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach Accommodation for group

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I organise a ski trip for a group of 16-20 lads every year. We usually go to Mayrhofen and love the area. We also ski Kaltenbach, Zillertal Arena and the Hintertux.
We are looking to go somewhere different next year and Saalbach has been recommended.
Can anyone recommend a decent hotel or guesthouse in a central location close to the lifts, bars, restaurants, etc.
ideally somewhere that does breakfast and has a ski locker.
We usually do a 5 night trip so no sure if that will cause a problem
Any advice greatly appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am sure Mr Tatman will have more and probably better suggestions very shortly but I am currently looking around Szg airport resorts for a group of 9 to 10 in January and finding a fair few places (in the price range i can get tempt my friends to pay) don't have space. Pension Wallner in Saalbach seems large enough.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 28-02-23 12:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@donie75, 5 days might make it more difficult, dependent on budget, when it is and whether it crosses a weekend. The www.saalbach.com website is good for accommodation searches but doesn't seem fully populated for next season yet.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, we usually fly out on a Thursday and back on a Tuesday so probably not ideal for some hotels. We might have to start doing Saturday to Thursday or Friday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
take a look on sunweb. Quite a few do 4 & 3 night breaks that centralise around a Saturday change over if it is during peak season.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@donie75, Pension Wallner is certainly in a good location. Look also at Pension Eder and Hotel Peter, and Pension Grafleiten, Pension Willibald, and Pension Scharnagl.
Other Snowheads have also recommended Hotel König.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@donie75

I have stayed here a few times, and it been fab. Ski in and out. 10 mins up the mountain from the centre of Saalbach:

https://www.alpenparks.at/en/hotel-apartment-sonnleiten-saalbach/

It's a pretty new apartment hotel; and their large apartments can take 6 or 8 people. And, they will let you book specific dates, not just Sat to Sat.

Saalbach can be pretty pricy; and you might want to take a look at Hinterglemm a bit further up the valley, but it's all linked to Saalbach.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.adler-resort.at/ is great. Aparthotel. You can opt in and opt out of all inclusive. Close to everything in Hinterglemm. Top notch ski lockers too Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy