Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val cenis ski instructor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for recommendations for a ski instructor in Val cenis or surrounding villages. My Wife and I are looking to improve our carving. Haven't had a lesson in 15 years so im sure we have some bad habits that need ironing out..
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the absence of any other suggestions, I've booked Yves for January:
https://www.valfreeride.com/copie-de-home
He's happy to move around the valley and we've discussed Val Cenis so I'm sure he covers there.
Seems like a decent chap, I can give a better review when I get back in early Feb if that's not too late Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If anyone could add a Brit speaking snowboard instructor in Val Cenis too, that would be great.

Sorry to @Stuski, for adding to the thread...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SHAP No problems.

Thanks @cheltom I've sent them a message. I'll be going second week of January might see you there? snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going the last weekend of Jan so will probably miss you - let me know how you get on Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@cheltom, how did you get on with the Val Cenis instructor?

@Stuski, did you find anyone too?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone have an opinion on ESF in Val Cenis? Google seems to throw up very few (if any) independent instructors.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="SHAP"]Does anyone have an opinion on ESF in Val Cenis? Google seems to throw up very few (if any) independent instructors.

Can’t recommend them as no longer have need for lessons, but You could try https://www.esi-ski.com/our-schools/val-cenis, there were plenty of their instructors with seemingly happy groups flying around the slopes last week while I was in Val Cenis. Am back off to our place close by next Thursday for a few days if you need any help checking anything out with them
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@andmelffion, Cheers. I had looked at ESI too, but purely based on location (lazyness) thought that ESF were worth a look as they have a station right outside our apartment in Plan des Champs (staying at de Flambeau) , rather that heading over to Le Haut, but I don't actually think it looks that far on further look at the pistemap. Thinking about it more, I will likely look at private lessons for the teens over lunch time, so it matters less where they start from - we can head that way anyway.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes it’s not far at all, just a drag and a run down to the Colomba chair which takes you to top of the Haut bubble, or if you want to drive up the Haut then it’s less than 5 mins from where you are staying.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SHAP

We had a good time with Yves. We mostly used him as a guide but one of group didn't have much experience off piste and Yves quickly helped improve his technique whilst pushing him (and us) into some difficult terrain.

I can't comment how he is as a pure instructor, but we would use him again if/when we go back to Valfrejus.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@cheltom, thanks for that.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Used ESI for my kids a good few years back, so the offender may no longer be there but she was awful with them. Really unsympathetic to the point my four year old peed his pants because she wouldn't take him to the loo and made him wait. This was in a private lesson too, so absolutely no excuse. She also threatened to leave him up the hill if he couldn't get up himself. He was teeny and scared. I was very unimpressed indeed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@robertsnerys, that's horrendous. Mine are teens now, so different issues i guess, but no surprise that you wouldn't recommend.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy