Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées - ski rentals

Poster: A snowHead
We are going to be skiing in Les 3 Vallées area in France from 3/4-3/25/23. We are bringing our own boots and helmets but will need to rent skis and poles. Does anyone have any recommendations on where is the best place to rent skis from in that area? The cheaper the better

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which ever shop is closest to your accommodation. Not sure you realise the size of the 3 valleys. There is no point in someone recommending a rental shop that is over an hours drive from where you are staying.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As above. Tell us which of the villages you are staying in.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Slide Candy is one of plenty who will come to your chalet/apartment. https://www.slidecandy.com

I used them on one trip- they were great.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kditrj2d wrote:
As above. Tell us which of the villages you are staying in.

We will be in Les Allues the first week and a half and then Maribel the second part of the trip
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowrider wrote:
Which ever shop is closest to your accommodation. Not sure you realise the size of the 3 valleys. There is no point in someone recommending a rental shop that is over an hours drive from where you are staying.

We will be in Les Allues the first week and a half and then Maribel the second part of the trip
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sskenne wrote:
We are going to be skiing in Les 3 Vallées area in France from 3/4-3/25/23. We are bringing our own boots and helmets but will need to rent skis and poles. Does anyone have any recommendations on where is the best place to rent skis from in that area? The cheaper the better

Thanks!

Try Alpinresorts.com using the discount code, PROMOTIX wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
But if you do, make sure you pick a sensible shop! Their top picks for Les Allues are down in Bride-les-Bains, and you don't want to be wasting a few ski hours going there, particularly if you won't have a vehicle (or one that won't carry skis).

In late March it is quite likely you won't be able to ski back to Les Allues. You might want to pick a shop near where you will be for the second part in Meribel, or near the top of the Olympe gondola, and use them for the whole period.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you are in Les Allues, then presumably you will go up on the bubble and set off from the Chaudanne, there are a couple of ski rental shops opposite on the roundabout, above the Tremplin. I think there is a ski shop in Les Allues too. I have hired skis from Slide Candy and they can probably drop off in Les Allues and pick up from Meribel.

When we stayed in Les Allues, we hired a locker under the Saulire lift station, so that we could change into our shoes for a bit of Apres before heading down to Les Allues on the Meribus, which offer a really good service after the bubble has closed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

we hired a locker under the Saulire lift station, so that we could change into our shoes for a bit of Apres before heading down to Les Allues on the Meribus, which offer a really good service after the bubble has closed

that's a good suggestion. Once you're back down in Les Allues and changed out of your ski stuff, you might not want to trek out again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The lockers at the Chaudanne were e10/day years ago though; as opposed to 20 for the week in other places.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sskenne,

you could use "skihigher", they have shops in Les Allues and in Meribel, so you could probably hire at their Les Allues shop and keep the same kit for the whole duration, then return to the Meribel branch.

they are British owned and run, and have been in the 3V's for nearly 30 years.

they can also deliver to your accommodation if you want, that is how they started out before opening their shops

https://www.skihigher.com
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We had a bad experience with Skihigher in La Tania last year.

Bashed up equipment that we paid a premium price for. Got offered no compensation as we had booked through Skimium.

I would avoid.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had a not very good experience with skis hired from FreeSki in Meribel after I broke the bindings on my own skis earlier this month. Struggled quite a bit with them on the hardpack, took a few bad falls and generally gibbered around for three days (which I initially put down to them being a bit lighter than my own skis) - until my instructor tried them out and confirmed that they skied like crap as the edges hadn't been serviced properly.

Pretty annoying as they were touring skis that cost 225 Euros to hire for the week. I took them back, and of course just got a shrug of the shoulders when I told them the edges were shot.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I now remember why I bought my own skis Laughing

Had a week in Austria last month, the quality of ski shop and hire is enlightening when compared with most of the French 3valley ski shops that I have encountered.
ski holidays
Charliegolf wrote:
Slide Candy is one of plenty who will come to your chalet/apartment. https://www.slidecandy.com

I used them on one trip- they were great.

Another one like this to look at is Ski Doc https://skidoc.fr/ski-hire/equipment/

We used them for a three valleys trip in Jan and had a great experience. Most of the kit was brand new and they were very flexible with swaps - had a few people end up with two pairs of skis for the full week at no extra cost and had kit changed in the chalet and on the mountain ~5 times throughout the week with no fuss. Well priced too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy