Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen - shop closing times

Poster: A snowHead
My outbound flight to Munich has been cancelled. They are trying to move us to an earlier flght, but the 2am leaving the house this causes makes me hesitate.... if I ask for the later flight, that means we are likely to arrive approx 5pm. What time does the supermarket next to Penkenbhan closes on the Saturday?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Google says 6pm.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chris_n, been caught out before believjng google!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The spar website says 6pm on Saturdays
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. Accepted the earlier flight. Thankfully UK taxi to Heathrow can take us. Transfer taxi from Munich couldnt support either time to need to sort that out....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ wrote:
Thanks. Accepted the earlier flight. Thankfully UK taxi to Heathrow can take us. Transfer taxi from Munich couldnt support either time to need to sort that out....

Was that with Four Seasons Travel/Tirol taxi? https://www.tirol-taxi.at/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NickyJ wrote:

Train?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair Pink wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Was that with Four Seasons Travel/Tirol taxi? https://www.tirol-taxi.at/

No, different firm booked through FindTransfer. Their quote is 10 euro more so happy to book with them if you recommend them?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NickyJ, yes, I can recommend them, I've used them several times from Munich airport to the Zillertal (and return).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would rather cope without a shop than have to leave the house at 2am. Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
I would rather cope without a shop than have to leave the house at 2am. Shocked

Good news is the taxi firm have suggested 3am pickup. Thought they were being overly cautious with their 4am for our 9am flight. Now flight is 7:25 they suggest 3am.

As I understand it we have issues with any food shops opening on Sunday as well. I normally properly self cater as opposed to booking self catering and eating out which some appear to do.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

As I understand it we have issues with any food shops opening on Sunday as well

Ah yes, that would be a pain. wouldn't occur to me that that might be the case - shops in French resorts would be open every day. I guess there are far more self-caterers in France, to make that worth their while. We will arrive at our apartment in Aosta towards 8pm on Sunday night and we will have the makings of a simple meal - and a bottle of wine - with us, as well as the makings of breakfast. I'm sure we won't want to go out again once we get to the apartment, especially as it threatens to be snowing.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spar on Zillertalstrasse has longer opening hours than the one in town. It is just short walk to it (5-10 min). https://www.spar.at/standorte/spar-mayrhofen-6290-rauchenwald-675
And Munich airport has good supermarket. https://www.munich-airport.com/edeka-514332
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@atomicsl11, interesting about supermarket in Munich airport
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, easy to forget about the one at Gva airport too - useful, provided you don't want to buy booze!
latest report
@pam w, No problem buying booze at GVA there is an off-license in the same concourse as the supermarket,
snow report
yes I know, but one-stop shopping easier! It's the same at the Migros in Annemasse. Inconvenient!
latest report
The supermarket at the airport is probably better than any you'll find in a resort. Austrian supermarkets are usually open Sunday afternoon/early evening.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy