Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg 31st March accom

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys due to flight prices me and my mate (both we 2 kids each) are flying into GVA on Friday 31st March to start week in Les Arcs on Sat. We arrive about 8.30pm. Whilst we could stay in the airport I’d like to get down to Bourg so we won’t arrive until about 12am. I’ve googled for apartment or hotel accom but hardly anything coming up. Does anyone know of any apartments or hotels in or near Bourg that could be a shout for the night? If it doesn’t happen we’ll just need to come down on Saturday morning - but either way should get an extra 1/2 day skiing which is a bonus. Thanks! R
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed at a B&B called Montagn'Arcs one Friday night last year (booked last minute due to a travel delay; it's run by a very helpful French couple).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ibis Budget Albertville? On the way.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’m getting a transfer so either stay in GVA airport or go all the way…mate has a car so he is more flexible but not big enough for us…
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are also travelling out (driving) about that time and looked for accomodation but there is virtually nothing at a reasonable price. We are going to 3V and eventually found an apartment in Brides. Your problem is you will arrive very late so getting access to a room may be a difficult. I would suggest stay near GVA airport and travel to Les Arcs early Saturday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looked on booking.com and found a studio in Bourg, sleeps 4 for £125. Its in the town but not right in the centre. I just searched for 2 adults as did not know your children's ages.
www.booking.com/hotel/fr/studio-cosy-a-la-montagne.en-gb.html?aid=397645&label=bin859jc-index-XX-XX-XX-unspec-bb-com-L%3Aen-O%3AwindowsS10-B%3Aedge-N%3Ayes-S%3Abo-U%3Asalo-H%3As&sid=15dd16c04f718d1b89514d103d80016c&atlas_src=hp_iw_btn&checkin=2023-03-31&checkout=2023-04-01&dist=0&group_adults=2&group_children=0&no_rooms=1&room1=A%2CA&sb_price_type=total&srepoch=1677149253&srpvid=05c84b0f281400dd&type=total&
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mogulski wrote:
We are also travelling out (driving) about that time and looked for accomodation but there is virtually nothing at a reasonable price. We are going to 3V and eventually found an apartment in Brides. Your problem is you will arrive very late so getting access to a room may be a difficult. I would suggest stay near GVA airport and travel to Les Arcs early Saturday.

I think this is the better option personally too. Get to bed early in GVA, which will allow for an early start the next day. You'll still be in Les Arcs in plenty of time to get your extra 1/2 days skiing.

You don't say how old they kids are - but it's a long day of travelling and it might be 1am by the time you finally get to bed in Bourg, and then you have a couple of tired and grouchy kids in the morning.

Also means you can do the transfer in one go rather than having to do GVA-Bourg, then Bourg-Les Arcs the next day - which I'm assuming will cost more.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@riman8, From memory, GVA airport closes overnight [midnight until 0400]. Did you mean that you might stay in a hotel near the airport?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ShakiraShakira wrote:
I stayed at a B&B called Montagn'Arcs one Friday night last year (booked last minute due to a travel delay; it's run by a very helpful French couple).

I second this recommendation.
A really nice self contained floor of their own home.
The owners do a wonderful breakfast too.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GeorgeVII, Yes - beside the airport. Do you know any half decent reasonably priced ones if I can't get Bourg sorted?? R
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@riman8, that's tricky. A transfer to Bourg that late won't be cheap. No chance of you renting a car? Would give you lots mor choice. Or rent a car big enough for the 6 of you? Would hugely extend your option - you could get to Albertville at a decent sort of time. From Gva airport it would be a bit of a pain getting a couple of kids and all your stuff to a hotel too, without transport.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy