Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MPI INSURANCE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
MPI may be back in the game.

Just had a generic email from them announcing that they're back.

Haven't followed it up yet but it could be good news for those needing more than a few days wintersports cover.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is interesting @GeorgeVII. We had a couple of e mails from them dated something like 3 December but they only arrived last week. Up in the clouds or where… unfortunately we renewed our annual insurance on1st December elsewhere, but OH had a conversation with Katherine at MPI and no doubt we will go back to using MPI.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just got a quote out of interest and it's not cheap.

Family annual to France only was £256 (Economy), £341 (Standard), £444 Excel

In comparison my LV Premium was £175 last October.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are back. I bought a policy from them last week. They have never been cheap but if you need slightly niche cover (such as race cover), they are the best that I’ve come across. Also, they have been very good dealing with claims - very supportive when I was hospitalised and have paid out on this (and other claims) quickly and without fuss.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rachelharrisonsmith, used to be cheap when I used them
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got a quote in Nov as they were doing quotes then for winter sports travel insurance but only over the phone. The price had definitely increased a lot since I remembered my last policy with them, I think they lost their insurer and had to go to someone else instead hence why they didn’t offer anything for a while. I’ve been with BMC a few years now. BMC was cheaper actually (plus covers all the other stuff I do as well).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Layne, I’ve never been so lucky! I have probably used them for about 5 years before they stopped, but it’s never been about the money for me - I’d rather pay a bit more knowing that I’m getting good cover and a reasonable claims service and for me MPI fits the bill (for various reasons, it’s cost me more when they weren’t operating due to restrictions on other policies).

Cheapest is not always best…..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking at MPI and their website is a bit thin on details of activities covered. Does anyone know from a policy if, with winter sports, ski trekking covered (I ask as LV don't) and say cat skiing and snow shoeing? For other sporting activities is there a list of covered/ not e.g. scuba diving, via ferrata, canyoning etc. etc.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Rambo, give them a ring - they are very helpful.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Filled in MPI's contact form last night, email reply this morning. Answered my questions, plus sent full policy with details. Ski touring is covered, heli-skiing and cat-skiing in North America and Canada not unless an additional premium has been paid, and for general hazardous activities a sensible rule of "if not pre-planned, covered, if pre-planned, ask". So the odd bit of canyoning or via ferrata is OK. Impressed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy