Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fast EV charging around Moutiers / 3 valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Off to the three valleys soon & I have hired an EV (non tesla) from Geneva.
The only fast charger I can find is in Albertville. (Tesla supercharger available for non Tesla users.)
Does anybody know of any petrol stations or supermarkets in the area that do fast charging?
The best that I can find is a single 50Kw charger in Moutiers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does it need to be a high speed charger in resort? I use a 22kW charger (max I can draw is 11kW) in Les Arcs when I'm there. I can leave it to charge overnight and it will charge my car to whatever SoC I want. What resort are you going to?

For returning to GVA the Tesla Supercharger at Annecy (about 40 minutes from the airport) is open to non-Teslas, and two very close to GVA (Archamps and Saint-Julien-en-Genevois).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been to Meribel the last 3 times, so mixing it up a bit this time and touring around a bit.
Going to be based around Moutiers, hence a fast charger would be preferable.
Another worry is that the slower on street chargers are sometime out of commission, they seem to have very mixed reviews on google.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Snowcrazy101, OK. Other than that 50kW charger in Moutiers, I’ve not found anything better than 22kW. There is a Tesla SC just outside Moutiers, but it is Tesla-only.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.caradisiac.com/recharge-electrique-les-alpes-du-nord-plutot-bien-loties-206923.htm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No worries, just wondered if one of the supermarkets had upgraded recently… The 50Kw should be ok, otherwise it’s a decent excuse for a meal out in Albertville !
Many Thanks all.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Snowcrazy101, if you hire a Renault Zoe they can charge at 22kW on a 3 phase charger.

This is the reason I bought one for UK AC at the ChargePlace Scotland chargers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rob@rar, I'm in Arc 1800 next week. It looks like the 22kw chargers Shell ones in/around Edenarc, but I can't see from the map where exactly they are. Do you know if they are available to non-Edenarc residents, and if it's free to park there if using the chargers? Thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wyeski wrote:
@rob@rar, I'm in Arc 1800 next week. It looks like the 22kw chargers Shell ones in/around Edenarc, but I can't see from the map where exactly they are. Do you know if they are available to non-Edenarc residents, and if it's free to park there if using the chargers? Thanks!
I've used these chargers a few times this season. They are very easy to find - just take the access road up to EdenArc and there is a small roundabout/turning circle by the main hotel. The chargers are located to one side of the turning circle. They are available to non-EdenArc residents and there is no parking fee.

There have always been at least three or four chargers available when I've wanted to use them, including in the middle of Christmas week and then again during French half-term holidays, for a daytime charge. I suspect that an overnight charge would see all of the chargers available. I've used the Shell ReCharge and the Electroverse cards to start the charging sessions, not sure about other options.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 14-03-24 11:22; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perfect - thank you
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Snowcrazy101, if you hire a Renault Zoe they can charge at 22kW on a 3 phase charger.

This is the reason I bought one for UK AC at the ChargePlace Scotland chargers.

Regularly use the lower rate chargers in the UK, but I find most charging bays tend to incur an idle fee.
So I have pretty much discounted these as I’m gonna be too busy skiing to worry about moving the car around.

I did find a couple of 300kw chargers in Montchavin (1250m). Google is showing it’s only 10min up hill off the N90.
Was planning a couple of days in les Arcs, so a quick 20 min (70%) charge & coffee on route will prob do the trick.

On a separate note, the prices in France look awesome compare to Uk. I’m seeing 45p per kWh at the Tesla supercharges in Albertville.
As of March 2024 this is almost 80p per kWh in uk.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Carrefour in Moutier is installing more chargers as part of its refurbishment I read back in January but the signage didn't give any specific details.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin wrote:
Carrefour in Moutier is installing more chargers as part of its refurbishment I read back in January but the signage didn't give any specific details.

These would be perfect, a rapid charge and a quick shop….. maybe next year.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowcrazy101 wrote:
Regularly use the lower rate chargers in the UK, but I find most charging bays tend to incur an idle fee.
So I have pretty much discounted these as I’m gonna be too busy skiing to worry about moving the car around.
The Shell Recharge point I use in Arc 1800 doesn’t have any idling fees (which I think would be a dumb idea for a charge point which is slow enough to warrant plugging in overnight). It’s also 50m walk from the piste.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
The Shell Recharge point I use in Arc 1800 doesn’t have any idling fees (which I think would be a dumb idea for a charge point which is slow enough to warrant plugging in overnight). It’s also 50m walk from the piste.

Thanks for the info. But I think I'm gonna zoom across to Bourg and use the funicular (first time!). As I'm not staying up the mountain, I don't fancy the risk of a dump of snow (wishful thinking/fingers crossed).
I downloaded the Shell recharge App (many thanks), I didn't release there aren't many contactless debit card charging points in France.
latest report
@Snowcrazy101, using the funicular is a good plan. By far the quickest way to get to the snow from the valley.

I’m not sure about other chargers in Bourg, but the chargers at the SuperU supermarket were replaced prior to the winter. Still 22kW but they now seem reliable (previous ones frequently were out of order). They are located on the first floor of the small multi-storey car park at the supermarket. I believe they are operated by FreshMile, which is a new one on me.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy