Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which of these Verbier hotels would you choose?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and my missus are going to Verbier for a Thursday-Sunday weekend in January. We have 3 hotel options: Hotel La Rotonde, Hotel Les Chamois and Hotel Bristol. Are any of these significantly better or worse than the others? Is the Bristol affected by late night noise ? A good night's sleep is high priority !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@colmhardiman, Sadly, I wouldn't call any of those three locations tranquil or peaceful - you are right in the centre of town and should usually expect a few partygoers wending their way home late at night! The W, Chalet d'Adrien and The Lodge are all in quieter locations (although the W can have some piste basher noise at night as they prepare the snow around the Medran lift station), but the prices can be a bit higher!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've stayed in the Rotunde and the Bristol and neither are great as the chaep hotels in Verbier attract a noisy crowd, plus they're right on the main drag so traffic is an issue

Don't know the other place

Try the Farinet Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Cordee des Alpes would be my ‘go to’
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@colmhardiman, which did you book? I'm also looking for a B&B Hotel for 4 nights from Sun 18th Dec.

I guess clean and warm without being rowdy is what we are looking for as 55+ year olds!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Several local friends have stayed at the Bristol for weekends and liked it. W / Cordée are in a very different price bracket eg it’s over 1000chf per night at the W.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BobinCH wrote:
Several local friends have stayed at the Bristol for weekends and liked it. W / Cordée are in a very different price bracket eg it’s over 1000chf per night at the W.

Bristol booked, cheers!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski Booked the Chamois in the end. Have stayed there before but really can't remember anything much about it so I know it wasn't rowdy Happy Will be keen to hear how you get on in the Bristol as we will probably be back in Verbier again either this season or next
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to report back on this. We had a great weekend in Verbier staying at the Chamois. The location is excellent, just off the main street between the Medran and Place Centrale. Breakfast was a good continental buffet. Our room ("Double Superior") was very spacious and had a proper comfortable double bed, not two twins pushed together. The walls could do with better soundproofing as you could hear people next door talking so bring earplugs but on the whole it was a nice friendly, quiet 3* hotel and we would happily stay there again.

We've visited Verbier several times before but this was the first time we got the train from GVA. As others have said on here, it is super easy and convenient. I don't think we'd hire a car again for this trip.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many thanks for the useful update
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

you could hear people next door talking

Could have been worse wink .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@colmhardiman, our daughter, mid forties, and a girlfriend got away for a long weekend, last weekend in Verbier and I have just reread her WhatsApp message - and they stayed at the Chamois, described as a lovely hotel,
v comfy if a little vintage, super nice staff. They had a family room so two separate rooms. And great location.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27 wrote:

Try the Farinet Toofy Grin

The owner is rumoured to be 'friendly'.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 15-02-23 10:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FWIW we stayed in the Bristol before Xmas, was quiet enough, had the window open at nights and no issues with noise. Good breakfast and very friendly staff and they allowed us to use the sauna to shower after skiing before a late flight home. Only issue was entitled Porsche drivers not liking us parking mostly off the road to load the car!! Must have delayed their journey by 30 secs, the horror of it!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy