Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens - few questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, off to Val Thorens in March - we are staying at Les Balcons and my children are booked into morning lessons with Prosneige. I have been told there is a bus that goes from outside the apartments but I cant figure our how long it will take to get to the Prosneige meetings point. The children have never skiied before so skiing down in the morning isnt an option, at least at the start of the week? Best piste-side restaurants and any places for cheap eats/take-aways for some budget lunches? Any other VT recommendations much appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its a long walk from Les Balcons to the Prosneige Ski School say 15mins. I would ring the reception and find out as much as you can about the bus timetable. The ski out of Les Balcons is fine, the ski in is steep and would be unpleasant for beginners. The first lesson is at 10am on Sunday morning which is still tight if hiring skis getting boots, passes etc. The hot choc in the ski school cafe is nice.I haven't found anywhere really cheap to eat but there are plenty of pizza take away options. The shops are pretty good though and you could make up filled rolls and you could consider picnicking in the sun (weather permitting).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There’s a bakery on rue de soleil that does baguettes/lunch takeaway stuff.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JONR, probably Sucre Sale (apologies for no accented characters) just down from the ESF office. When I could eat wheat, it was probably the best value lunch in VT.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy