Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Backpack Speakers

Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations?

Looking for something loud with good bass, decent battery life, that can take a beating and will fit inside a 20 litre pack?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Trollolol
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shock
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I use a Tribit stormbox - good bass and compact but will blast out all day. People really hear you coming and get out of the way. Oh and it's waterproof, ideal for the sauna or pool chillin' after hard days skiing or for the days of driving rain at 2500 meters that we've had this winter. No need to dress in one of those ESF "serial killer" ponchos to keep your boombox dry.

Here you go

http://youtube.com/v/y6S-T2DEdwQ
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof wrote:
I use a Tribit stormbox - good bass and compact but will blast out all day. People really hear you coming and get out of the way.

Have the beats ever been known to set off a slide?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hang11 wrote:
Any recommendations?

Looking for something loud with good bass, decent battery life, that can take a beating and will fit inside a 20 litre pack?

Not for skiing though, eh? Puzzled

Nobody loves music more than me (punk and other rock, in particular) but I wouldn't dream of inflicting my tastes on others on the slopes. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bergmeister, don’t worry I exclusively ride a snowboard
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jmr59 wrote:
davidof wrote:
I use a Tribit stormbox - good bass and compact but will blast out all day. People really hear you coming and get out of the way.

Have the beats ever been known to set off a slide?

Only in Switzerland, I think

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So..... We use a speaker on one day of skiing / on the slopes. Mostly cheese/disco tunes to be honest.

An Ultimate Ears Megaboom one.

I've looked at the B&O ones which look good, there are a couple of those which look good.. I was tempted by the Explore over the A1 but we only use it occasionally as opposed to all the time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hang11 wrote:
@Bergmeister, don’t worry I exclusively ride a snowboard

Things just go from bad to worse! Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Do they come with The App that only allows terrible French language rap tunes?
That app has done well for its owners, I've never heard anything except french rap from any backpack speakers.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No backpack speakers heard in Les Saisies last week - there's clearly a huge market here just waiting to be exploited. I look forward to spreading a little love next season with "Etoile des Neiges" on repeat.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pam w, I’ve never seen one in the wild but really want to play ride of the valkyries really really loud as I scream up behind nervous skiers on narrow cat tracks with my heal side edge making loads of loud scraping noises as I push all the snow off to the side.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@hang11, surely you just want to sit down in the middle of the piste, just over the brow of a rise and spark up a blunt. That's where it's at brah.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
No backpack speakers heard in Les Saisies last week.

Heard one today.
snow conditions
Philistines the lot of you, horrible euro trash blasting out on the slope.

I have someone follow me around with this, Beethoven, Strauss, Schubert, Mozart, occasionally some contemporary jazz.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/this-ski-ano-yes-a-piano-on-skis-is-spreading-joy-in-northern-b-c-woods-1.5848587
latest report
Where’s Gordy when you need him?
snow report
My choice isn't eurotrash, @ansta1, it depends on the season. Last week, obviously as it was Holy Week, it was the Bach Passions - St John and St Matthew. People do get a bit tired of the recitative.......
latest report
@pam w, indeed, I fancy ride of the valkyries on a particularly steep and fast run, though the piano guy does have trouble keeping up on the bumpy stuff. I have been know to request a string section to sit on top when I want a gentle cruise and for that I like something like barber's Adair for strings.

Feeling a little turn then night on a bear mountain works.

Haven't gone as far as a brass section to so far as I feel both the altitude and physical excertion will reduce the overall sound quality.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy