Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations - Large Chalet w/Ski in/out?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone!

Just came back from the Grand Massif in Flaine with a few new skier friends and thrilled to say they loved it! Already planning a trip for next season off the back of it and wanted to ask if anyone knows of a Large Chalet, maybe on Airbnb etc that hosts 8-12 people with ski in ski out facilities. Looking for a nice one preferably, so we’re happy to spend abit!

Flexible on resorts within europe but preferably somewhere with really good skiing/views, don’t care much for the apres. Group will have a bunch of intermediates looking to go advanced and some beginners.

Only ever been to Flaine so my knowledge on all the other resorts in and around France/Switz/Austria is a bit limited! Anyone have any recommendations for a Private Chalet they stayed in for a similar sized group? Very Happy Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What is your budget and are dates flexible? Ski in ski out in a premier league ski destination could cost a few arms and a few legs.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are flexible on dates and can go at sensible time avoiding French holidays I'd strongly recommended Gites de Bisanne. Few yards to blue piste. We're renting both Gites first week in April though that's really too late. Affordable, very well appointed. I'm on phone and can't do link. 73270 Villard sur Doron is postcode. I know the proprietors. You don't need a premier league destination. Les Saisies would be ideal if you can do sensible dates.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alasdair.graham wrote:
What is your budget and are dates flexible? Ski in ski out in a premier league ski destination could cost a few arms and a few legs.

We’re happy to spend around 400 quid each, so with a party of 8, £3200, 10, £4000, etc. Not sure if we’d need to raise our budgets massively for what I’m looking for!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There was a company called Powder ‘n’ Shine in Reberty that had the perfect chalets in ski in/out positions. They ceased trading in lockdown so I don’t know who has the chalets now but I’d suggest looking for options in Reberty. It’s pat of Les Menuires in the Three Valleys and a perfect ski in/out location.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
If you are flexible on dates and can go at sensible time avoiding French holidays I'd strongly recommended Gites de Bisanne. Few yards to blue piste. We're renting both Gites first week in April though that's really too late. Affordable, very well appointed. I'm on phone and can't do link. 73270 Villard sur Doron is postcode. I know the proprietors. You don't need a premier league destination. Les Saisies would be ideal if you can do sensible dates.

Thanks! I’ll check it out… We’re really flexible on dates and definitely can avoid the holidays. Probably would go late jan early march as I don’t want the same panic as this year checking the weather 10 times a day Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Valkyrie wrote:
There was a company called Powder ‘n’ Shine in Reberty that had the perfect chalets in ski in/out positions. They ceased trading in lockdown so I don’t know who has the chalets now but I’d suggest looking for options in Reberty. It’s pat of Les Menuires in the Three Valleys and a perfect ski in/out location.

Ooh Chalet Sapin looks really good, but does look to cost an arm and a leg Laughing might have to do a bit of price hunting
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The larger chalet in Bisanne is costing us 1700 euros for first week in April plus extra for supply of linen and end of let cleaning.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think Flaine is a great place to take a group as ski access is just so very good for all skill levels.

Similar in convenience but very different overall is Ste Foy Tarantaise, again with virtually peerless access for all skill levels, more intimate overall area, with very good early skills slopes right up to seriously challenging too.

https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/sainte-foy-tarentaise/ as a indicator of whats available. The balance is helped for you and group by having very decent pass costs which help in overall price and allow a little more leaway on accommodation. A great place to stay overall.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've stayed here - not super luxe but a good position ski in/out

https://www.skibeat.co.uk/ski/france/la_plagne/plagne_1800/chalet_pierra_menta_2
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@tanvir786,
Catered or self-catered?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kenzie wrote:
@tanvir786,
Catered or self-catered?
Self catered!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kenzie wrote:
@tanvir786,
Catered or self-catered?
looks good! How much did it cost and for how many people?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So 4 bedroom?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gored wrote:
So 4 bedroom?
Yup 4 or 5
ski holidays
Interhome used to be a good source of larger self catering chalets/ large apartments though you have to read the description to find out which ones are ski in ski out I don't think you can put it in as one of the search choices unless it has changed.
snow report
I've stayed in Chalet Jonathon in Thyon which is great for beginners and intermediates and linked to Verbier etc for the advanced skiers

Right on the blue piste! Lovely place with 5 bedrooms, sauna etc.

https://en.alpenchaletsbookings.com/ski-area-4-vallees/les-collons/chalet-jonathan/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy