Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help Help Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Help Help Help!

Hi All,
I am in my third year of University and I am doing my dissertation project on Snowsports injuries (yeah I know, everyones worst nightmare) I am looking for anyone who has sustained any type of snowsports injury and could fill out my questionnaire, it will only take a few minutes to complete but I would be extremely grateful for any replies. It would really help me with my research.

I have inserted the link to the online questionnaire below.

I would really appreciate any help!

Many thanks,
Kimberley.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XW-pqdxtNzCUXS8C_jToRnwMJHCZpIPmhsyMbjHQNOk/edit?pli=1
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck with it & done! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do I fill it out multiple times if I've injured myself on every snowboarding holiday I've ever had?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@oldschool72, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oldschool72 wrote:
Do I fill it out multiple times if I've injured myself on every snowboarding holiday I've ever had?

I considered which one of the three times I’ve done myself in to use but plumped for the worst one in the end rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Done. Good luck!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just one note to the OP - the 'how much experience' question is poorly phrased. Generally speaking snowsports experience is counted by the number of days or weeks on the slopes - your question will provide very un-meaningful answers, with some answering based on that but others answering 20 years even though they only ski one week per year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First survey in a while that I haven't abandoned due to unanswerable questions. Well done.

Though many responders will have had multiple injuries. I picked the worst and if everyone does similar, the results may be effected.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 12-02-23 17:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done, I agree about the question with respect to time snowboarding. I had maybe done six weeks snowboarding at the time but over a few years so wasn't sure the answer you were looking for here.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Q7, method of rescue, not enough options. For example, my partner was rescued by skidoo because the helicopter was busy on another rescue. I was involved is a rescue where the injured party was extracted down the piste on the plough blade of a basher.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Done,good luck
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"mountain rescue" is different to "piste patrol" in most UK skiers perception.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Done
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I suppose accidents on dry slopes don't count as snowsports injuries even though they are under the aupices of snowsport england.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Skitothetop, @Chaletbeauroc, comment is meaningful, plus I have multiple injuries, over many years ...
snow conditions
@Skitothetop, Just a question about your sampling technique. Self selecting responses are notorious inaccurate. Only using a forum like this one will give very biased results from enthusiasts and miss all those who have given up skiing, or never thought about joining a skiing forum. Just a hypothosis to consider or test: The respondents from this source have more accidents than the general winter holiday population

I suspect your examiners will tear into your whole research unless you address this issue.
ski holidays
Done, on behalf of Mrs G who stopped skiing after breaking her ankle.
ski holidays
None of the surveys we get on Snowheads ever have any kind of sampling technique as far as I can judge.
snow conditions
Done. Good Luck!
latest report
I assume the OP knows this famous example
Quote:

Example: 1936 US presidential election (The Literary Digest poll)

In the presidential election held in the United States in 1936, the candidates were the incumbent President Franklin Roosevelt (Democrat) and Alf Landon (Republican).
The Literary Digest was a popular and widely read weekly magazine that ran a poll to predict the winner of the presidential race, and had done so correctly from 1920 to 1932. In 1936, The Literary Digest mailed a questionnaire to 10 million people to ask about their voting intentions. This extraordinary number of people included readers of The Literary Digest, registered car owners and people listed in the phone book. In one of the largest surveys ever (although not The Literary Digest's largest), 2.4 million voters replied. The response rate — the percentage of people responding of those invited to participate — was 2 400 00010 000 000, or 24%. The Literary Digest claimed 'The country will know to within a fraction of one per cent the actual popular vote of forty million.' The prediction that The Literary Digest made based on their survey was that Franklin Roosevelt would receive only 43% of the vote; Landon was predicted to win in a landslide. As you may know, Roosevelt won — he obtained 62% of the vote of around 40 million voters.

The failure of The Literary Digest's poll was an embarrassment, and The Literary Digest subsequently went out of business; eventually its subscriber list was bought by Time magazine.
snow report
Chuckles3 wrote:
Good luck with it & done! Very Happy

Amazing, thank you so much. I really appreciate that.
snow report
Chuckles3 wrote:
oldschool72 wrote:

I considered which one of the three times I’ve done myself in to use but plumped for the worst one in the end rolling eyes

That is no problem, thank you so much. I really appreciate that. I'm really sorry for the delay in my response.
snow report
Owlette wrote:
Done. Good luck!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
snow report
adithorp wrote:
First survey in a while that I haven't abandoned due to unanswerable questions. Well done.

Though many responders will have had multiple injuries. I picked the worst and if everyone does similar, the results may be effected.

Thank you, that feedback is very much appreciated.

Of course, I understand that and thank you for the feedback. I will look into this and consider it within the results.
ski holidays
tarrantd wrote:
Done

Thank you so much, that is briliant. I really appreciate it.
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
@Skitothetop, Just a question about your sampling technique. Self selecting responses are notorious inaccurate. Only using a forum like this one will give very biased results from enthusiasts and miss all those who have given up skiing, or never thought about joining a skiing forum. Just a hypothosis to consider or test: The respondents from this source have more accidents than the general winter holiday population

I suspect your examiners will tear into your whole research unless you address this issue.

Hi there,

I completely understand what you are saying and fully respect the feedback. I have put the link out on other non-ski related social media platforms and distributed it to a random population to allow varied results.
Thank you for your feedback though, I will take it on board.
latest report
drporat wrote:
Done. Good Luck!

Thank you so much!
snow report
@Skitothetop Ditto on reporting worst injury (the one requiring surgery) - Other injuries (briefly) reported in the last question

Quite nice survey - good questions (except the one about experience as already noted) and not too long!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy