Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Bindings for Old Boots and New Old Stock Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am trying to find new bindings to be mounted on a pair of Trucker skis I purchased new in the late 1970's and will be compatible with nicely broken in, very comfortable pair of pre-ISO accreditation Lange boots. Any ideas? No laughing please! Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any ideas? -- Yep, bin them and start with new...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@newsome@consolidated.net, you could just buy some nice tough sisal and some brass pegs?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rolling eyes Disappointing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Certainly @newsome@consolidated.net, it's hard to judge when new poster arrives without any way to understand if they are genuinely interested or just interested in spamming, it's not obvious until the links to variety of old tosh gets layed upon us.

If genuinely wanting interaction there's usually someone that may have experience to help if you hang around.

Looking at Trucker https://www.vintageskiworld.com/Trucker-Skis-Vintage-Telemark-Ski-Poster-p/poster-vsw-trucker-skis.htm they seem genuinely a part of historic skiing sphere and interesting to boot.

I've used early 70s downhill bindings that appear very well made in engineering perspective, checked them over, set them up and ran them to see what their matched skis were like Very Happy all without problem.

I've no knowledge of telemark type bindings or boots to help you, but someone may have to help you.

If you post a spam link though, you'll be toast Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or this may give some direction https://www.vintageskiworld.com/1970s-Trucker-Back-Country-Powder-Vintage-Skis-p/skis-trucker-bcp-ramer-763.htm

Specifically mentioned are "Ramer" brand bindings.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OP, you might want to change your username to something other than an email address, to avoid it being mined by bots. Can't help with your query, it's tech that predates me!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

it's tech that predates me!

and probably most of the rest of us!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

it's tech that predates me!

and probably most of the rest of us!

I bet @Alastair Pink,'s got a pair in his garage ,
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are copies of old US ski magzines archived on the internet, you could pick one around the right date for the skis and look at adverts for bindings in it to see what was current at the time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I still have my K2 MLS 200s with Marker 54 bindings that I bought new around 1995. I’d like to use them again. Can I use my old bindings if I could find someone to test them?
If not what bindings should I get? My old bindings are about 63 mm
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bushj wrote:
I still have my K2 MLS 200s with Marker 54 bindings that I bought new around 1995. I’d like to use them again. Can I use my old bindings if I could find someone to test them?
If not what bindings should I get? My old bindings are about 63 mm

You'll likely not find anyone that can, or is willing, to tell you that it's OK to use them. I'm fine with me using items I've checked or evaluated for my own use, but that's a very different scenario.

The older all metal bindings have material lifing fairly consistent in its properties over many years, compsite type construction very much more difficult for anyone to give a complete answer to, especially in directing someone else, along with the liability that implies.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can anyone recommend bindings that would fit ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bushj, Any modern binding designed to mount on a flat ski will work with the skis, no idea what will work with really old boots.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy