Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Damage to buckle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just started packing for my annual ski trip and I have noticed some hopefully minor damage to one of the buckles on my Lange boots. It looks like a plastic lug has broken so the buckle moves about. The metal rivet appears ok so when clipped up I'm hopeful things will be ok. I would welcome a second opinion on this though!

I'm not quite sure how to post a picture. I've added a link to my onedrive account where I've stored a photo. Hope this doesn't break any forum rules!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuI2xaHJYmhSj1vNmzM10a-9tuqw?e=eaJTf9
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any ski shop - especially one stocking Lange boots can replace that while you are away.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tell us where you are going and chances are that resort experts will be able to suggest a suitable shop.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Tell us where you are going and chances are that resort experts will be able to suggest a suitable shop.

I fear not Little Angel ! I am going to the 3 peaks area of the Dolomites, staying in San Candido.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And Lange factory is in Montebelluna….so big stock in shops in that part of the Dolomites….
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cant open the picture but my guess is ankle buckle, it will have bent round whilst being open and walking down steps somewhere, if it is not bent then no issues just keep an eye that the rivet isn't loose so it doesn't fall out, assuming the base plate isnt bent you can reattach the same clip with a screw in rivet and as you tighten it up it will stay in place, if bent then you probably need to repalce the clip, shoulkd be fairly easy toi get holkd of via any lange stockist
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@CEM, picture of buckle, you need to copy the entire text, as the auto url highlighting didn’t work.

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PowderAdict, if the base plate of the clip isnt bent then taking it off and replacing the rivet with a screw in onw will sort it in minutes, if the base plate is bent then you either need a new clip or to straighten it
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies. I shall try using the boots as is for now and if it causes an issue at least I know it should be an easy fix.
I'm disappointed that the fixings rely on a bit of moulded plastic rather than a metal fitting. If I'd noticed at the time I wouldn't have purchased them Sad . Something else to look out for next time!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SAPhil, it is done to create a weak point in the linkage, it is pretty common to use a single rivet in boot clips at that point on the boot, lange use the little plastic peg bit as a locator not a fixing, if you didn't have that part what would happen is you would more than likely damage the shell or worse your leg if the boot got caught on something... the safest and simplest thing is to allow the clip to rotate and if hit hard enough bend/break off
the reason it won't sit back in the right place is the rivet has stretched and is no longer holding the clip tight to the shell

when do you go away? i can send you a screw in rivet for it if you like
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SAPhil wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I shall try using the boots as is for now and if it causes an issue at least I know it should be an easy fix.
I'm disappointed that the fixings rely on a bit of moulded plastic rather than a metal fitting. If I'd noticed at the time I wouldn't have purchased them Sad . Something else to look out for next time!

As noted above, they are a suitable material to do the job intended and everything will ultimately break if subjected to load in excess of that intended and designed for.

An aircraft is a beautifully balanced structure and ideal for flying. Should one be plummeted into the ground though, could anyone complain the metal is not strong enough.

Everything has a balance, depends if that's exceeded in reality Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

@SAPhil, it is done to create a weak point in the linkage, it is pretty common to use a single rivet in boot clips at that point on the boot, lange use the little plastic peg bit as a locator not a fixing, if you didn't have that part what would happen is you would more than likely damage the shell or worse your leg if the boot got caught on something... the safest and simplest thing is to allow the clip to rotate and if hit hard enough bend/break off
the reason it won't sit back in the right place is the rivet has stretched and is no longer holding the clip tight to the shell

when do you go away? i can send you a screw in rivet for it if you like

Thanks for the info and offer. I leave at stupid o'clock on Saturday morning so it's a bit late to do anything now. I should have checked my equipment sooner!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy