Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Border Force

Poster: A snowHead
They start their strike today (fri 17th) right across the weekend, thought it might be useful to see if / what delays there are etc…….
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We came in through Luton just before 2am this morning (on a very delayed flight) and there were already a few army uniforms around. All moving smoothly though, with the e-gates in full swing too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
didnt the last one mean things moved along quicker?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’m specifically interested in Eurotunnel back to uk
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
quote="Gored"]didnt the last one mean things moved along quicker?[/quote]

Yes sounded like it, but wasn’t that as the soldiers apparently weren’t authorised to stop anyone with dodgy documents.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arrived back in Gatwick during the last strike.
No queue. Still plenty of staff about. Nice and easy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ster wrote:
Gored wrote:
didnt the last one mean things moved along quicker?

Yes sounded like it, but wasn’t that as the soldiers apparently weren’t authorised to stop anyone with dodgy documents.

Oh the irony…
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ster wrote:
quote="Gored"]didnt the last one mean things moved along quicker?

Yes sounded like it, but wasn’t that as the soldiers apparently weren’t authorised to stop anyone with dodgy documents.[/quote]

Apparently they had to alert one of the few border staff who weren't on strike to detain people instead.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Glosterwolf, but that wasn't happening because they're not trained to spot dodgy documents https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/dec/31/just-nine-passengers-detained-at-heathrow-during-border-force-strike
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rambotion, I said apparently because that is that the authorities said they would be doing. No idea what actually did happen. I suspect the few that were detained would have been done so via that method. So the it seems the issue would be lack of training then rather than them lacking power to detain.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rambotion wrote:
@Glosterwolf, but that wasn't happening because they're not trained to spot dodgy documents https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/dec/31/just-nine-passengers-detained-at-heathrow-during-border-force-strike

No guarantee they'll be trained now.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[quote="shrew"]We came in through Luton just before 2am this morning (on a very delayed flight) and there were already a few army uniforms around. All moving smoothly though, with the e-gates in full swing too.

Doesn’t affect airports this time only the ports of dover, Calais, dunquerke and coquelles
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote="andmelffion"]
shrew wrote:
We came in through Luton just before 2am this morning (on a very delayed flight) and there were already a few army uniforms around. All moving smoothly though, with the e-gates in full swing too.

Doesn’t affect airports this time only the ports of dover, Calais, dunquerke and coquelles

Plenty of Army uniforms at Heathrow T5 last night. No delays at the e-Gates and failures routed to the manned desks as usual.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No issues what so ever, best crossing we’ve seen…. Was night before todays madness however
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Travelled through Calais Eurotunnel last night , best border/customs experience since Brexit , a breeze , all booths open and no Qs . The officer ex-pained that they had bought in a huge amount from around the uk for the weekend and they had at that time very little to do . He joked that the public might wish for more strikes if this is the response .
snow report
Coach passengers returning to UK face waits of more than six hours

Coach passengers returning to the UK are facing waits of more than six hours at the border in Calais. Ferry operator P&O has advised passengers to use the toilet before arriving and to come prepared with refreshments.

Border Force staff in Calais, Dunkirk, Dover and the Coquelles Channel Tunnel terminal are on a four-day strike over pay.

Teachers and students from Surrey returning from a ski trip in Austria waited for six and a half hours to board a ferry back to the UK. Shocked A Twitter account for the school ski trip tweeted that the journey was "what can only be described as a nightmare of UK passport control".
snow conditions
Eurotunnel running about 30 mins late this evening. High passenger numbers and the time taken to clear border controls are given as the reasons ....
ski holidays
Sounds like normal half term Sat at Eurotunnel Calais then As said last night every booth was open and they had shipped in staff from over the country for the weekend to cope with the expected huge numbers . If they hadn’t I suspect carnage would have happened . The fact this thread isn’t white hot proves that everything might be going to plan .
ski holidays
Update - Just got on the train I originally booked and it's on time. I think it's a cosmetic delay, just in case they need one.
snow report
T5 last night c.8pm was super speedy and efficient…. My experience twice now is that the strike cover makes for a far better experience at the border when arriving by air.
ski holidays
So coming back through Heathrow Terminal 3 on a Saturday afternoon with luggage and skis, should comfortably be down at the Underground platform within an hour from landing?

I think I'll be clear of strike dates (11 March). But who knows?
latest report
@achilles, has the ground handling staff and the baggage handlers suddenly got a lot quicker and the walk to the tube shorter?
snow conditions
@ster, not sure what you are getting at. I have a really long day in prospect. It would be extra good if I could have a high expectation of getting through in an hour. However, reading around since I posted earlier I think 90 minutes to 2 hours might be sensible.
snow conditions
@achilles, if its not border farce holding you up, it will be sitting on an apron waiting for a gate to be ready, a walk to reclaim, waiting for your bags to turn up (esp with skis in tow) then that long walk for to the tube. Even if the border was unguarded I doubt you could ever make it to the tube platform 60 minutes from landing. Very Happy
latest report
@ster, thanks, it's been a long time since I have been to Heathrow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy