Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sport Pursuit Customer Service

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've ordered stuff from Sport Pursuit in the past and never had an issue. However, recently they seem to have forgotten what customer service is. I placed an order for a few items for my son. The delivery dates they quoted were initially okay but then on one of the items it went further and further out to the extent it would arrive too late. Contacting their CS isn't easy. Their only contact channel is email and currently they are taking 4-6 working days to respond. As the date had gone so far out they cancelled the item and refunded it. Wind forward a week and the estimated dispatch date for another item went past the date it was required. Cue another email to CS. This time it took them a week to respond and by this time the item had been dispatched. It took a bit of back and forth (with 4-6 days between their replies) for them to agree to refund the return postage costs. They've had the item since Monday but still not processed the refund.

It's a pity they seem unable to keep to delivery dates they quote when the order is placed. I can understand if the date moves by a day or two but in the case of my orders they were moving by 2-3 weeks. They also need more CS staff to improve their response times.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gaza, oh that is a shame. In the past (and this was goos number of years back now), they impressed me with their customer service, one was warranty issue on jacket 6 months after getting it and the other was constant delay of delivery. Both resolved well. However as I said many years back, so really sad when these companies go down hill Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i had the same problem with blue tomato. I ordered a pair of SNB Boots, but they were in a shop in Oslo (i live in GERM)
i waited over 7 days, and then they cancelled the order
Are these that you ordered maybe somewhere in EU? and with transport + customs take so much time?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought a sizeable wood fired stove/oven from Sportspursuit last autumn. Rain had gotten at the crate at some point and the bottom half had a rusty patch. Sportpursuit replaced the whole cast iron bottom. It took a little time and the process was a bit clunky, but I guess that SP had to go back to the UK main importer/seller for the item as the damage would've been their responsibility. I use SP a fair bit and have always found them to be good.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickyJ wrote:
@Gaza, oh that is a shame. In the past (and this was goos number of years back now), they impressed me with their customer service, one was warranty issue on jacket 6 months after getting it and the other was constant delay of delivery. Both resolved well. However as I said many years back, so really sad when these companies go down hill Sad

After a 30 month hiatus initially caused by injury and then covid-driven apathy, O is back racing again. He has outgrown all his race and snow related clothing so we've been on a bit of a shopping spree. He needed a new catsuit as in the 3 years since he got his last one, he's grown from 170cm to 190cm! As the kit ordered from SP wasn't going to arrive before he needed it, we managed to pick one up from Racers Skibay on Facebook. The plus side it was in good condition and 25% of the price of the ones ordered from SP. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
turms2 wrote:
i had the same problem with blue tomato. I ordered a pair of SNB Boots, but they were in a shop in Oslo (i live in GERM)
i waited over 7 days, and then they cancelled the order
Are these that you ordered maybe somewhere in EU? and with transport + customs take so much time?

No idea where they were coming from but the labelling was UK Post Office, so I assume it was from stock in the UK.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gaza wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

After a 30 month hiatus initially caused by injury and then covid-driven apathy, O is back racing again. He has outgrown all his race and snow related clothing so we've been on a bit of a shopping spree. He needed a new catsuit as in the 3 years since he got his last one, he's grown from 170cm to 190cm! As the kit ordered from SP wasn't going to arrive before he needed it, we managed to pick one up from Racers Skibay on Facebook. The plus side it was in good condition and 25% of the price of the ones ordered from SP. Laughing

Awesome! Glad he has found the passion again. With my eldest skiing and a brief period learning snowboarding (she is keen on going back to it) was the only thing that helped pull out from the depression that lockdown caused. When we dragged (literally) her out to Italy last year Feb half term, it was like she came alive again in front of our eyes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is as a result of their business model. Some stock they own and can deliver when ordered.

Some items they offer for sale they don’t own but they have been offered by a supplier. They build a book with these long delivery dates which are effectively pre-orders. If they sell enough they will buy the stock from the supplier based on volume, get a good deal, and pass on to their customers. If they don’t get enough orders, they scrap the whole thing, blame it on a stock system issue that you could “buy” (but they never had the stock in the first place) and refund customers. So its in their interests to push out the delivery dates to give them a better chance to build the pre-orders then fulfil it.

Once you accept that then all is clear.

If you desperately need something and/or by a certain date do not order from SP unless it shows for immediate delivery.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had assumed that customer service from Sport Pursuit would reflect the discount nature of their business and, fortunately, although I am a regular customer, I’ve never had any issues but before Christmas I had a query about a delivery (The Post Office strike had affected it). My email was responded to quickly and the customer service agent(Richard) went above and beyond to sort out the issue. Based on my one experience of using customer service, I can’t speak highly enough of Sport Pursuit.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy