Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thoren ski school recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can someone recommend a decent ski school for private lessons for an advanced skier in Val Thoren?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Prosneige or New Gen for anglo. Someone will have names. There are some younger female ESF instructors who look poo-poo hot skiing in a really modern style so I'd think they might be quite good.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just got back from VT & had an excellent lesson from Andy Lockerbie with BASS. He's mainly based in Meribel but filled in due to sicknesse for my lesson, and I certainly got lucky with that as he very definitely knows his stuff. Whilst I'm an intermediate skier rather than advanced I'm sure BASS will be able to offer you someone good for your skill level. I've used various French ski schools in the past and these have been good but I've found that the level of communication can miss something slightly compared to a Brit instructor (I realise this may make me sound like a raging Little Englander, which couldn't be further from the truth...)

https://www.britishalpine.com/val-thorens
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have had good experiences with Prosneige. I was in the level 3 group. They never seem to have the numbers for a level 4 group when I'm there. All the same the group progressed to an OP session on a Thursday from Cime Caron or if the big gondola isn't running, Boismont down to the refuge in Lac Du Lou where the beer was splendid Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
prosneige were good for us too. both as a group lesson and as private individual lessons. just need to explain to them what you are after and they'll usually accommodate
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy