Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Campitello or Canazei on 22 March??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys.

Nearly ski booking time!

We have a group of skiers and snowboarders for a trip on 22 March next year. Usually I’d look for high resort but I did the sella Ronda on 7 April 22 and the conditions were great. More than enough snow and quiet pistes!

We have options at Campitello or Canazei but I’m not sure if the snow would be reliable that date.

Any info or experiences would be very gratefully received.

Thank you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow should be good unless you get unlucky with high temps. Imv, Campitello is a bit crap. One lift, not much going on. The Sella Ronda on the cheap. Canazei is better.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like Campitello but Mollerski is right there is not much going on there Canazei is much more lively ...having skied that area many times but never as late as that i wouldnt guarantee the conditions but I can vouch for their expertise in keeping the runs open ...Mind you I would still take the local bus up to Alba and get the lift up to the top of Belvedere there ...much easier than Canazei where you would need the bubble and a gondola
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve been to Alba in late March for the last 3 years, this year had the best snow, better than the end of Jan this year also, pick your runs to avoid south facing runs after 1pm and you’ll be fine. Canazei would be my choice of the two locations your looking at.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree Campitello is quiet and a cheaper option, but the cablecar does dump you at one of the highest, most snowsure spots on the Sella Ronda.

No-one can tell you what the snow will be like late March next year. You have experience of early April, but each year is different.

Nevertheless, the runs down to the Sella Pass, Plan de Gralba and around the Piz Sella area are pretty shaded and keep their snow well late season.

Belvedere above Canazei gets a lot of sun and can suffer late season.

You can have an apres drink at the Relais des Alpes before heading back down to Campitello. Usually a bit lively there, check out YouTube Cool
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@luigi, The lift at Campitello is great when its quiet but there can be a big queue in the morning and evening ...and i HATE the walk back in ski boots to my hotel so I generally catch the bus up to Alba and can either go up top Belvedere and do the Sella anticlockwise or head up over Ciampac to Possa...but as I usually have a car my favourite is the Paso San Pelligrino and the runs down to Falcade
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DaveD wrote:
@luigi, The lift at Campitello is great when its quiet but there can be a big queue in the morning and evening ...and i HATE the walk back in ski boots to my hotel so I generally catch the bus up to Alba and can either go up top Belvedere and do the Sella anticlockwise or head up over Ciampac to Possa...but as I usually have a car my favourite is the Paso San Pelligrino and the runs down to Falcade

Yeah, you have to be there first thing or leave it later.

Sounds like you'd be better staying further down the valley!

I like PSP too. Have you tried Latemar?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
as a long time visitor to the 'dollies' I won't go any later than the 8th or 10th of March -- you may well get good conditions later, but is it worth the risk ?
Or accept the risk and just ski in the AM and chill in the PM !

Between the two resorts -- Canazei

One point worth mentioning is the Valley Bus Service (no longer free) which is very good, running from Alba/Canazei/Campitello/Pozza and back on a regular basis
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albob wrote:
as a long time visitor to the 'dollies' I won't go any later than the 8th or 10th of March -- you may well get good conditions later, but is it worth the risk ?
Or accept the risk and just ski in the AM and chill in the PM !

Between the two resorts -- Canazei

One point worth mentioning is the Valley Bus Service (no longer free) which is very good, running from Alba/Canazei/Campitello/Pozza and back on a regular basis

I've been 3 times to Selva in March:

3rd week-Spring snow to start, but heavy snow midweek top-up. Empty pistes and great conditions

2nd week- Spring, warm days, very melty and refreeze, but pistes complete. Slushy afternoon home runs and ice cream watching sun go down Cool

2nd week- Wintry, fresh snow nearly every night, mostly sunny by day, perfect conditions

Last week of March, you could have any or all of the above. Like albob says, you are taking a risk booking now for that late in the season. Late season is best done last minute when conditions are good and/or a dump is forecast.

If you do take the plunge, stay high and shady for best snow. Elsewhere, follow the sun round as it softens the frozen crust. They will work hard to keep Sella Ronda open to first weekend in April.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@luigi, Latemar? is that Alpe Luisa? yes been there ...the black down to the base is the best run there
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DaveD wrote:
@luigi, Latemar? is that Alpe Luisa? yes been there ...the black down to the base is the best run there

No, not too far from there, but a bit further South, the gondola goes up from main road just north of Predazzo.

TBF it's known by the various names of the bases which all link up now, Pampeago, Predazzo, Obereggen, but Ski Center Latemar is the main name as Latemar is the name of the main peak it surrounds.

https://www.bergfex.com/latemar-obereggen/

https://www.latemar.it/en/ski-center-latemar/

Lots of variety of runs, very pretty. Goes from Italian on the Predazzo side to very German/S Tyrolean at Obereggen.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@luigi, No never skied down there...it looks great ..I have only been down to Cavalese to go to the hospital ...but that's another story ..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy