Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shell jackets and pants for shorter ladies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and daughter - both around 153 to 157 cm and typically a size 6/8 are keen to move away from insulated jackets and salopettes following a rather warm week in the dollies...

My daughter especially would like something less fitted (as ladies ski gear tends to be) and give her a bit more freedom of movement.

They would prefer to look at shells and layers (way better IMO having done the same a few years back).

Do any petite lady snowheads have any particular recommendations (or brands to avoid) ?

They do not mind looking at larger kids gear either - but it tends not to be quite as technical as adult kit ...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RevolutionRace might be worth a look. Norrona and Acteryx both assume there are no women in the world under 5ft 8ins. Elevenate do lovely technical gear too, their sizes are generous.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My wife is 160, size 8 and wears Norrona trousers (size small) and a peak performance shell jacket.

Check out the Norrona outlet which you can see if you are a registered user as there is up to 50% off certain items.

They are both expensive brands at full price though there sales are fantastic.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 23-02-23 14:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CathyAuLait wrote:
Norrona and Acteryx both assume there are no women in the world under 5ft 8ins

The Norrona XS is to fit 5'1"-5'5".
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Super stuff everyone - going to sit with them later and look at the Norrona and Peak Performance outlet / sales ....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have my doubts over the Peak Performance lengths. Probably my favourite brand but the stuff is made for tall scandis. I'm 184cm tall and even find their stuff long in the sleeves. My wife recently bought a Peak ski outfit and had to get the salopettes taken up by a seamstress.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CathyAuLait wrote:
Elevenate do lovely technical gear too, their sizes are generous.

Mrs John (166 tall) has Elevanate shell jacket and strides and loves them to bits. Wears multiple layers on top including a puffer jacket, fit still v good. Medium in both, think small would work for OP purposes.

boabski wrote:
I have my doubts over the Peak Performance lengths. Probably my favourite brand but the stuff is made for tall scandis

ValD was packed with young petite female Scandi's last week, a good proportion of them head to toe in Norrona & PP.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same height as my 11 year old daughter, she wears age 14 in wedze if that is any help. Probably not judging by brands being mentioned.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sheffskibod, my North Face Jacket is not fitted and has a zip out liner so you can wear as a shell. Schoffel pants available in short length, although mine have some insulation in them. I'm 155cm.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’m 155 and have a Mountain Equipment technical shell and I can wear lots of layers under it. I love it. Sleeves are too long but otherwise really good piece of equipment.

My insulated ski jacket is Goldwin as it’s Japanese and cut for more petite women.

Salopettes are Duvillard Degré7 as I have never managed to find shell trousers which aren’t too long. These are close fitting but I use thermal skins when cold- they are fine in warmer weather and are just the right length.

I have the same problem with overtrousers for walking- the bottom zips are all wrong as they bunch up due to being too long.

I’m a size 8
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Mrs John (166 tall) has Elevanate shell jacket and strides and loves them to bits.

Sorry for slightly off topic but has it worn well? My wife (170ish) has elevenate shell and trousers. Also loves them.

However compared to my Arcteryx shell gear bought at the same time it has really aged badly - and i've probably done marginally more skiing. Defects around the pocket zips and she rarely puts anything in the pockets - thats my job!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not a recomendation, more of a word of caution. I wanted to dip my toe in to shell and bought an untrakt jacket, tousers and insulated jacket from SportsPursuit. The whole lot was under £300.

I've not been out in them yet but you can see the quality (low) in the design. Lack of pockets, those you do have are difficult to access, no mesh across vents, etc. So far the best thing about it has been the insulated jacket.

It does amaze me though that shell is so expensive, I guess I'll find out why when I'm out in my budget gear.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My short friend bought salopettes in the charity shop she managed (Save the Children, Newbury) and took them up herself. She is a good needlewoman. I would prefer a jacket a bit too long than too short - cold bottoms on a chairlift are a disaster.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RoboJ, my Mountain Equipment shell is now doing its 8th season and is good as new. I ski about 8 weeks/season, but I did 13 weeks one year. It was expensive but it feel it’s been a good investment. It really is wind proof (even in the minus 40 windchill today at Lake Louise).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I’m 5,3 and size 8, I just bought a Northface shell bib, they do it in a short leg length but actually I found the regular was fine. Also have some goretex sypder salopettes which are not too long, they have minimal insulation. For jacket I have a mamut shell which I really like and is a good fit
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy