Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer plan B

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm getting a little twitchy about my pre-booked transfer in the event my flight into Chambery is delayed (quite likely looking at the stats rolling eyes ).

If we are very late and the transfer has abandoned us, plan B would likely be the train into Bourg St Maurice but quite a lot of the trains are showing as fully booked on the SNCF website. I'm wondering if that is that fully booked, no chance you are getting on, or fully booked to advanced sales but you might get on if you walk up. Anyone got any experience of french railways ? probably overthinking but I like to have most eventualities covered. Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are arriving that late, would that mean you are the last transfer for the driver of the day? I'd be surprised if they abandoned you on that basis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@janed9388, is it private and do they have your flight number as part the booking? If both are yes I wouldn't worry too much. Although always having a plan B is good practice, I approve 100%
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sorry, I wasn't clear, we are arriving at a decent time (just after 10am), I meant if the flight was very late ! I'm sure the driver will be expecting to drop us off and then do another run either back to the airport for departures or another pick up at the airport so he won't be able to wait for ages.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
janed9388 wrote:
sorry, I wasn't clear, we are arriving at a decent time (just after 10am), I meant if the flight was very late ! I'm sure the driver will be expecting to drop us off and then do another run either back to the airport for departures or another pick up at the airport so he won't be able to wait for ages.

Hence why the transfer bookings I have done ask for flight numbers, so they can plan around those delays.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They do have flight numbers, but much as I'd like it to, my flight being delayed can't impact on other bookings that they have for later that day
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@janed9388, When I was a transfer driver, for private transfers, we would never abandon anyone because of delayed flights. The boss would monitor flights and reschedule things so everyone got collected. If you have doubts speak to the transfer company and get that reassurance.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did 4 Chambery runs this month (Dads Taxi) on each occasion the incoming flights were early and the outgoing left bang on time. (Jet 2 and BA flights)
Also did one Lyon flight which was delayed departure by an hour (BA)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, perhaps I just need to 'chill' Laughing it's the BA flight from Southampton, and I booked the transfer late so looks like a one man band, so no opportunity to reschedule I don't think.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
janed9388 wrote:
Anyone got any experience of french railways ?

I assume as it accepts bookings it is a TGV and you will be fined if you can even get on the train.
On a TER you can just get on, if there is room. The reservation is for the route and the day even if you book a particular train.
It may be showing fully booked because they've not yet decided to run the train. The SNCF will also cancel trains that are not full enough.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@janed9388,
Quote:

and I booked the transfer late so looks like a one man band, so no opportunity to reschedule I don't think

No transfer company, even a small one would last 5 minutes if they didn't reschedule for changed flight times, they are doing it every day, we even had agreements with other companies where we would pass customers on if we couldn't do it. Just talk to them and get that reassurance.

And "last minute" in the transfer business is when people book after the plane has landed!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy