Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

weekend breaks!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
having got back from Tignes yesterday, the no ski blues are really kicking in. As the group I was with has such a great time, it didnt take much of an effort to encourage people to take a weekend away in March.

anyone know of any good travel agents who specailise in this or is it better to arrange yourself. Also any good resorts neraby to airports...chamonix seemed an obvious choice.

As for the skiclub decision. very strange. as a regular reader, but not poster I was surprised to see it close to the unwashed masses. Most messageboards/sites would kill for the amount of traffic and community that the SC site had. I can hear the tumbleweed from here?

Good on you for going it alone plus i was pleased to see the link on alans winter highland site, which itself is a great read.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good to have you along - I found that site by chance while looking for Peter Stockton, an avid fan of British skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andy,

Weekend away trips can be very easy to organise by yourself. I've done this for the last three winters. What we've done is catch the very early flight from Luton to Geneva on the first day (We've always gone on Friday morning but you might get cheaper flights on the Saturday for example). Land at Geneva at about 9. Pick up hire car and drive to Flaine (approx 1 hour travel time depending on snow) park in car park, change into ski gear (less fun if it is actually snowing as it was for my last trip), rent skis, buy lift pass and on the slopes for about 11:30 - 11:45. Rent appartment from Astrid Immobilier (see www.flaine.com ) who do it for short rentals (check that they'll do your dates before you book your flights) or try the Aujon or Cascade hotels. Ski for 3.5 days and drive to airport and catch last flight out of Geneva. Take two days off work and get a fantastic trip and return to work on Tuesday with a big grin on your face! Very Happy Flaine has great skiing Very Happy but nasty buildings and basic appartments Sad but who cares about architecture when you've got acres of fabulous skiing!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers chris. just had a quick ramble through the world wide web and doing it yourself (ooh err) seems a lot cheaper. saving £200 on average.

never thought about flaine, as i didnt know where it was in relation to Geneva. and given that I have heard that chamonix can be a bit restrictive for newish skiers (going with 2 x 1 weekers), I will look into the flaine option.

ta again

andy NehNeh
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can recommend FLaine, just been for a week and it was an excellent location

Les Carroz is even closer t the airport but not as convenient for the skiing itself
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd recommend Flaine too, it's only an 1.25 hrs from Geneva airport. The Hotel Aujon (2*) will, I think, take short bookings too as the SCGB (dare I say that name in here?) do long weekends to Flaine & stay there. Can't imagine Aujon's rates are too high as it's a pretty basic hotel (but if the ski-ing's good who cares).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any other suggestions from Geneva with good snow at the moment?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Avoriaz or Chatel also decent options
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A twenty year thread resurrection … is this a record ?!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Holy resurrection thread batman!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Reed wrote:
Andy,

Weekend away trips can be very easy to organise by yourself. I've done this for the last three winters. What we've done is catch the very early flight from Luton to Geneva on the first day (We've always gone on Friday morning but you might get cheaper flights on the Saturday for example). Land at Geneva at about 9. Pick up hire car and drive to Flaine (approx 1 hour travel time depending on snow) park in car park, change into ski gear (less fun if it is actually snowing as it was for my last trip), rent skis, buy lift pass and on the slopes for about 11:30 - 11:45. Rent appartment from Astrid Immobilier (see www.flaine.com ) who do it for short rentals (check that they'll do your dates before you book your flights) or try the Aujon or Cascade hotels. Ski for 3.5 days and drive to airport and catch last flight out of Geneva. Take two days off work and get a fantastic trip and return to work on Tuesday with a big grin on your face! Very Happy Flaine has great skiing Very Happy but nasty buildings and basic appartments Sad but who cares about architecture when you've got acres of fabulous skiing!

I went for the architecture!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Turin and Milan are also good options, cheap car hire, various Aosta valley resorts or Via Lattea.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy