Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early April Weekend Break

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of my daughters is (quite understandably) fuming that me and her younger brother are going skiing for a week next week without her. She has her A-level mocks just after Feb half term so doesn’t want to go with us, but also doesn’t want to miss out.

The boy is on a school German trip the first week of Easter (31st Mar - 3rd Apr), so we’re thinking of going away the rest of us (me, wife and twin 17 yos) for a weekend somewhere.

Any suggestions for somewhere that is an easy train journey (from London) for a long weekend? The criteria is basically as quick a train as possible, as short a transfer as possible and the likelihood of some snow.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Timmycb5, I’d suggest les arcs,but the train journey is not easy. Change station in London and Paris, change trains in chambery. Funicular up to the resort

I suggest contacting the immobiliers directly for a non sat to sat reservation. Or the cachette hotel for accommodation.

As you are planning the trip before the Easter holidays finding accommodation should not be difficult
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why go away for a weekend? If they have the full Easter holidays off go for a week at Easter.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@johnE, cheers. I was wondering about Les Arc.

@T Bar, Because my son is on a German school trip, so we need to be back in time to collect him!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timmycb5 wrote:
@johnE, cheers. I was wondering about Les Arc.

@T Bar, Because my son is on a German school trip, so we need to be back in time to collect him!

Fair enough, can't you go when he comes back?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@T Bar, the girls don’t won’t to be away too long as it’s only a short while until their exams
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timmycb5,
I guess it's up to them, my own feeling has always been to carry on with the holidays and make sure they study on them.
Having a physical activity to take their mind of study and exam stress can be useful as long as they get back down to study, no one can study efficiently without some time off.
Having come down off my hobby horse. Why not fly midweek for a short break rather than take the train, less travel time, depending on how far you are away from airports that do midweek flights.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Only time I did a weekender I flew out of Luton to Geneva and went to Chamonix. Late evening flight Thursday. Hotel picked us up and did the transfer for a reasonable fee. Same in reverse Monday evening. I think it was an hour to Cham. However, that was back in the day when airports ran more smoothly.

If you can make trains work then getting to one of the lower villages in the Tarentaise can make the transfer quicker and the links to good altitude skiing will still be open.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy