Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kneissl Bigfoot

Poster: A snowHead
I fancy a go on kneissl bigfoot skiboards but cannot find any for sale on he web from a british based site or from a shop. any help would be appreciated. also any advice on whether they are worth it? cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tomduff456, why on earth would you want to use a bigfoot? Use a proper snowblade/skiboard which is much more stable and much more fun. I think the bigfeet came first - but they're extremely alarming to ski on - wobbleworld isn't in it!!!! (I've done serious slalom training on them so I do know). Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, totally agree with easiski, tried them, horrible!
Then tried some Head Big Easy 94's, purchased them immediately, far far superior & with proper releasable bindings.
Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ditto to easiski..... if you really want them, ebay is a good spot, however, you would be mad to try them, even if salomons are your only alternative!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beansonline and filarinskis have a few different snow blades for sale. Big foot blades really do look ridiculous. There are different models though, some being slightly (and I use the term lightly) better than others. There was a thread recently on Epicski discussing Big foot skis u should check it out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Come on snowHead!

Welcome to snowHead tomduff456,

he must mean it as a joke anyway. you should be able to pick some up in resort to go with your elho gear...

Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouldn't buy them. They are fun for a single afternoon of mucking about on the piste, but no more. If you want to try them, see if somewhere will rent them for half a day. The Uli Spiess ski school in Mayrhofen certainly used to, but not sure if they still do.
I do have a set of snowblades though, which are much more fun and have a lot more control. I'd never use them for more than 1 day in a week's skiing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes - sorry -[b[WELCOME TO SNOWHEADS [/B] tomduff456, snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Want to give some new life to those big feet languishing in the back of the cupboard, heres one idea Telemark Bigfoot (10mb WMV file)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hey there, i'm also looking to get some kniessl bigfoot but cannot find any either. does anyone know anywhere to get some, even second-hand? ive tried ebay, and a couple website even searching google, but to no avail! someone please help, i go skiing in march so need to get my hands on some before then if possible. ive heard kneissl do not make them anymore, is this true? many thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rcalder, welcome to sH;s. I hope it is true! Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
haha, why do you hope its true? they look like so much fun and easy and i havn't been skiing for years now. Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rcalder, shall we start with out-of-control people who need ski lessons riding small planks which have a reputation for giving people spiral fractures of the tibia?

At least get some proper modern skiboards/blades with proper modern bindings which release.

If you haven't being skiing for years you may find you have huge fun on the new generation of shorter skis in any case.

Welcome to snowHeads btw snowHead

arv, indeed...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the fact that they dont have proper bindings and safety release did concern me a little! and i cant seem to get hold of any anyways, so i may just get some short snow blades. the appeal of the big feet was that they are the widest (i thort would be easier to balance) and shortest i could find which i think is more suited to my size, being only 5ft 1in, and petite. thankyou for the advice Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski wrote:
tomduff456, why on earth would you want to use a bigfoot? Use a proper snowblade/skiboard which is much more stable and much more fun. I think the bigfeet came first - but they're extremely alarming to ski on - wobbleworld isn't in it!!!! (I've done serious slalom training on them so I do know). Shocked Shocked Shocked

The Bigfeet did come before the Snowblade. Do you remember the Scorpions too, a fat ordinary looking ski that had the tail chopped off right behind the rear binding, from what I was told you had to lean back to slow down. Shocked
snow conditions
rcalder, Easy, just get Kids Skis.
ski holidays
Spyderman, scorpions? Don't you mean the Rax ski, pretty sure he had that idea first wink
snow conditions
parlor wrote:
Come on snowHead!

Welcome to snowHead tomduff456,

he must mean it as a joke anyway. you should be able to pick some up in resort to go with your elho gear...

Twisted Evil

Elho colours are cool again. Maybe Bigfeet are too. They would have been great in today's powder... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:

The Bigfeet did come before the Snowblade. Do you remember the Scorpions too, a fat ordinary looking ski that had the tail chopped off right behind the rear binding, from what I was told you had to lean back to slow down. :shock:

I have a set of similar-looking (but much different skiing) Floskis. Total eye-opener for anyone who still picks up their ski to turn.
snow conditions
Burn him, tip whiskey on him.
snow conditions
arv, No, I deffo mean Scorpions. I don't know what came first though. The Scorpions were around in about 1982 IIRC
latest report
Spyderman, was just taking the p*ss.

Quote:
A new alpine ski emerged on extreme Austrian slopes in 2006.
We were trying to improve the security and the stability of ski turns in Steeps.
The state-of-the-art "jump turn" on traditional long skis seemed too dangerous and unefficient.
Heavy jump landings could trigger an avalanche.

www.raxski.com Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
arv wrote:
www.raxski.com Madeye-Smiley

I saw a few posts from the inventor of those monstrosities over on the teton forums. He was not getting much love from the locals. Laughing
latest report
yeah I saw that aswell, they shot him down in flames...bang bang!! Hmmm snowblades, yeah I'm personally a big fan, really good fun, sooo stable and you can even ski them in soft snow, amazing! Personally I prefer the Salomon range, the mini-max from the 2005 season I feel is the ultimate blade, oops sorry ski-board. Great fun for perfecting your daffy's off 2 foot kickers whilst wearing your hemet and sunnies...
snow conditions
Big feet are the best skis in the world
snow conditions
14yr bumpety, bump.
ski holidays
@SamuelBauer, yep, that's why no-one's made anything like them for centuries.
latest report
Holy thread resurrection!?!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy