Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Older solo skier looking for ski holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Older intermediate male
Skier, Nottingham based. I am looking for a reasonably priced ski holiday. Preferably January but flexible on dates. Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@vmac, A few places left on the Birthday Bash https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=159860
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@vmac, another recommendation for the Birthday Bash. You will be in excellent company, in a beautiful ski area.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi
Also notts based , PM us some ideas , see where it goes ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mainly where we could get a reasonable price hopefully half board no single supplement or not much this January and snow of course open about destination date and airport if 2 of us Gatwick may not be such a pain
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A bit confused - you say 'solo', then talk about 'we' and '2 of us'? Do you mean that you're a couple/pair prepared to share a room but that the other person doesn't ski? Or are you looking for two single-occupancy rooms?

I ask because most resorts have a wide range of studio and 1-bedroom apartments that might be available but you'd be self-catering. Would you be prepared to eat out or get takeaways? If you were, it might significantly broaden the choice.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Inside Out Skiing have a (rare) single room left on their trip to Baqueira, includes half day coaching. Based on my experience of them, its a very sociable week of enjoyable skiing, with civilised coffee breaks. I chose them as my first ski trip based on their photos of the coffee break cakes!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a sole occupancy room available in a catered chalet in La plagne on 15th jan if you're interested? You can probably get the room for £600,so add on flights etc.. Its a shared chalet so some couples etc but you wouldn't be the only solo. A couple of other 'older' skiers will be there so it may suit you? PM me if you're interested..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi

There's three of us going to Val Gardena(Ortisei) on 4th Feb, driving from Leicestershire. Staying in Dover Friday, getting an early ferry, and driving all the way Saturday. Coming back we're staying in Ypres and going to remembrance ceremony, then a restaurant. We're 58, 62 and 73 all intermediate. We've booked an apartment with Sunweb, and get Super Dolomiti pass, so plan to do Sella Ronda both ways round, Cortina one day, Kronplatz another, and the other 2 we don't know yet. Plan to smuggle some bacon and sausages for Full English a few days, and Carbonara the others. We'll eat out every night. Going in a Discovery Sport, so should be OK even if there's snow on the road. We're all taking equipment, but in a roof box hopefully(not 100% sure one set will fit in). The apartment sleeps up to 5, so we knew there would be at least 3 beds, but not 100% what there is. Guess we could take another if you fancy it.

Two of us are also going to Cervinia on 23rd March(we're going then, because our Ski Club of Great Britain leader, Howard, from last year will be there then). We've booked that with Inghams, and staying in The Red Dragon pub. You could join us on that if you like, but you'd probably have to find another for a twin room.

Good luck whatever you do.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks will keep March in mind. Good of you
Cheers and have a great time traveling 4th Feb.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello Gilgamesh. Your offer still open? How do I pm?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At @Gluhdog, if you click on the plus next the persons name it shows a grey & white PM button you can click
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VMT Jay
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello
For anyone else looking this year or next year have a look at the ski holidays Ruth Paul of Singlesport organises. I recently returned from a week in Courchevel Le Praz. Most people are traveling solo and stay in a number of chalets in single or shared rooms. Ski school is included. The whole holiday was good fun and there are many repeat customers. Highly recommended.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy