Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck Airport to Colfosco transfer recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We're staying in Colfosco for a week in March and will be flying into / out of Innsbruck, looking online most companies seem to be charging between 500 - 600 Euros for a return private transfer, it would be great if anyone has any recent experiences / recommendations for a particular comapny that they could pass on.

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try these guys, https://connectotransfers.com/

I’ve used them many times and they’re coming in at €527 for both legs but it’s nearly 300km as a trip each so price sounds about right. Venice airport would have been the obvious airport to fly to/from…
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At that price wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to rent a car?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arriving on a Saturday OP?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
At that price wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to rent a car?

A week’s rental in Innsbruck is about €300 for the smallest car or €350 for one of any size. Cross border charge and petrol and hotel raking means it’s just about cheaper for us to transfer to Selva for just over €450return with Suntransfers. Oh no excess insurance either this way (used to buy yearly premium myself)

I used to rent from Megadrive regularly at Innsbruck (never had problems) but post pandemic taxi is as cheap.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah - I mis-read your earlier post and thought you meant 527 euros for each leg - if that's for two round trips of 300 kms (and a lot of it quite slow) that's good value. And nice to be able to relax and look at the scenery.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nick forest wrote:

I’ve used them many times and they’re coming in at €527 for both legs but it’s nearly 300km as a trip each so price sounds about right. Venice airport would have been the obvious airport to fly to/from…

Thanks Nick I'll check them out.

I did look at flying into Venice however for the flight times we wanted the price was significantly more expensive than Innsbruck. That said if the transfers from Venice are cheaper it may have worked out to be a similar price in the end anyway, something to consider for future trips.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27 wrote:
Arriving on a Saturday OP?

We're arriving on a Saturday however our return flight is on a Sunday.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Ah - I mis-read your earlier post and thought you meant 527 euros for each leg - if that's for two round trips of 300 kms (and a lot of it quite slow) that's good value. And nice to be able to relax and look at the scenery.

Yes as buchanan101 mentions there's not actually much in it rental vs taxi. As you say it'll be nice to be able to sit back and watch the scenery and let someone else worry about the driving.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Belt & Braces, ah OK - it used to be possible to formally book transfer only with Crystal to some resorts from INN - and informally to blag a ride for cash if they had space and the transfer rep was the enterprising sort.

This was all pre-COVID though, so whether it's still possible idk. Saturdays only, certainly
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Belt & Braces wrote:
nick forest wrote:

Thanks Nick I'll check them out.

I did look at flying into Venice however for the flight times we wanted the price was significantly more expensive than Innsbruck. That said if the transfers from Venice are cheaper it may have worked out to be a similar price in the end anyway, something to consider for future trips.

For future information the cost of a transfer with Venice Cabs from Venice Marco Polo airport to Colfosco is €260 for a vehicle with up to 3 passengers, so €520 return.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Car hire would have been way cheaper at Venice. Prices are almost back to normal there. There's always an excess of cars in Southern Europe in winter.

I did a quick search on Skyscanner for 4-11th March, prices for Compact start at £64 with the smaller companies, even a major like Alamo were around £155-165 for the week, depending on consolidator.

Never had any issues with Alamo, quality cars, part of Enterprise/National now, last year from Verona was a brand new Golf Mk8 2.0 Diesel with snow tyres for £138/wk through Holiday Autos!! Cool

I'm renting a Compact from Alamo (through Opodo) in Barcelona in Feb for £129/wk.

Of course, you need your own excess insurance (annual policy to cover summer rentals too) and the cost of fuel & any tolls, but way cheaper than taxis.

Get an evening flight back from Venice and you can spend the last day in La Serenissima. Little Angel
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27 wrote:
@Belt & Braces, ah OK - it used to be possible to formally book transfer only with Crystal to some resorts from INN - and informally to blag a ride for cash if they had space and the transfer rep was the enterprising sort.

This was all pre-COVID though, so whether it's still possible idk. Saturdays only, certainly

Thanks red 27, I did a search and I couldn't see anything that suggested that Crystal still do this however as you point out because we're returning on a Sunday it wouldn't have worked for us.

Might be a goer for others though if they can find a "enterprising sort" of rep. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair Pink, thanks for the info, not much difference between that and Innsbruck for a taxi at least.

@luigi, thanks luigi, that's good to know for possible future trips, I tend not to go the hire car route usually as I figure it's easier to get a transfer but maybe it's something that I should look at in future.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Belt & Braces, I'm trying to work out why on earth you booked flights to Innsbruck to go to Colfosco! That said and assuming you've booked with one of the low cost airlines, it may still work out cheaper to change the flights and fly to Milan Bergamo or Venice, or Verona and save you a hell of a lot of time on transfers.
snow report
Innsbruck is the closest airport to Colfosco. Others you mention are at least 30 minutes longer. Are you confusing Colfosco with somewhere else? e.g Canazei?
latest report
We're paying approx € 220 each way from Innsbruck to Corvara for our trip next weekend. This is with Airport Taxi Transfer Innsbruck, but its for a car for just two of us.
latest report
jimmybog wrote:
We're paying approx € 220 each way from Innsbruck to Corvara for our trip next weekend. This is with Airport Taxi Transfer Innsbruck, but its for a car for just two of us.

Almost exactly my price in March Innsbruck to Selva and return though have a minivan for 2 of us. Suntransfers €457 return. Innsbruck car hire prices not back to normal but they are a touch lower now.
snow conditions
jimmybog wrote:
Innsbruck is the closest airport to Colfosco. Others you mention are at least 30 minutes longer. Are you confusing Colfosco with somewhere else? e.g Canazei?

Yes, as well as being closer, the approach is via a valley route (apart from the Brenner autobahn, which at 1370m, is lower than the resort).

To get to Colfosco from Verona or Milan would involve the Gardena Pass (2136m) and from Venice the Valparola (2168m), or a very long diversion.

Innsbruck is a sensible option for resorts in Alta Badia and Val Gardena, but flights, transfers and car hire can often cost more there than Italy.

Verona and Bergamo work for Val di Fassa and the Venice airports are best for Civetta, Arabba, Cortina, etc
latest report
luigi wrote:

To get to Colfosco from Venice the Valparola (2168m), or a very long diversion.

Not sure I agree with that - go to Arabba and hop over Campolongo? Seems shorter and lower at 1875m.
snow report
SteveM wrote:
luigi wrote:

To get to Colfosco from Venice the Valparola (2168m), or a very long diversion.

Not sure I agree with that - go to Arabba and hop over Campolongo? Seems shorter and lower at 1875m.

Yes, that would be another valid route, 7km shorter (179km vs 186km) and a bit lower, but if you've ever driven both you will know the road up to Cortina is far better engineered than any of the options to Arabba and you don't have to drive through Belluno (or Passo Staulanza, if you went via Val di Zoldo).

You can be up the A27 Autostrada in less than hour from the airport, but beyond that it's a long way with quite a lot of twisty mountain roads whichever way you go!! snowHead
latest report
buchanan101 wrote:
jimmybog wrote:

Almost exactly my price in March Innsbruck to Selva and return though have a minivan for 2 of us. Suntransfers €457 return. Innsbruck car hire prices not back to normal but they are a touch lower now.

Thank you both, I'll check those companies out.
snow report
Thank you all for the replies, really appreciate it.
snow report
I've used these guys for Innsbruck to Corvara. https://gangl-transfers.at/ Booked on line. Good follow up. No problems. I'm not sure how their pricing compares. You might also check with the folks on the Colfosco end and see what it would be for a Colfosco taxi to pick you up at INN. For our trip in March, I checked with our hotel in Arabba about the rate from VCE. I got a quote for Euro 700 return for a van for 4 people. Found it for Euro 600 return from another taxi company in Arabba that I found on the Arabba website. I don't think I can do a car hire for less than that, plus I really don't want to drive.
snow report
If you don't want to drive, don't drive. Especially if others in your group will not be willing to share the burden including, if necessary, fit snow chains.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy