Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Evolution 2: Moving between levels/horse trading.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've booked the children into Evo 2 at 1800. Both have two weeks on snow, but we also had an annual pass to our local dry slope in between trips, visiting once a month sometimes more.

Biggest (11) utilised this time and opportunity well and honed his skills. He is the better skier of the two. I've booked them both into Yeti 2 as it's clearly the right level for Smallest (9), but I'm not sure about Biggest. The requirement for Yeti 3 says I can parallel ski on blue and red tracks I easily adapt to different terrain and snow conditions

Due to conditions at Christmas (ice rink), Big didn't get the opportunity to ski any reds, though he was navigating steep, icy blues with ease. He enjoyed the challenge of loose snow over ice, and adapted rapidly to it. I never see him snowplough turn anymore and he mastered the hockey stop on the dry slope. He did do some reds at the same resort in his first week skiing when conditions were better, and was comfortable on them. He loves a mogul and practised a lot at our dry slope (Mendip).

I know in Austria there is often horse trading and the opportunity to move up or down a class. Is this the same in France? Wondering whether to email and ask him to be moved to Yeti 3, but concerned that I'd be pushing him into a dangerous position if he's not quite ready and whether it would be better to start him in 2 and have him move up if it's appropriate.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The ski school will assess your kids and put them in the right class at the start of the week - it’s in their interest as well. They generally ignore what the parents think (quite rightly). Email them just to confirm that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you. They assess in Austria, but we've not skied in France before and though I hoped they would, I know they also use the grading system. I will email them to confirm it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As an instructor here in Val / Tignes I can assure you we are always assessing and if necessary moving people about if needs be (adults and kids!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As an instructor here in Val / Tignes I can assure you we are always assessing and if necessary moving people about if needs be (adults and kids!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Steve Angus, Do you do it twice? Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
adithorp wrote:

Sometimes

Sometimes

Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steve Angus wrote:
adithorp wrote:

Sometimes

Sometimes

Very Happy

Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy