Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maurienne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Might go to my place in Orelle and was thinking of checking out some of surrounding resorts on a day ticket, went to la Norma years ago which was very average to say the least……. Any others to recommend or avoid?

( will be feb half term)

Ta
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only one there I've not skied is Aussois, but visited village.

Val Cenis being the obvious primary choice if you want kms. I'd go to far end Llansvillard and park (presumably you're driving) there near to pass office (you can see it as right next to road as you get to village end) and jump onto the gondola right there. Its just a short hop on that but top is six pax chair straight up onto mountain from there. Very good lunch restaurant you'll see going past on that chair "La Ramasse" with flags outside, you'd need to get there promptly if you want lunch.
The gondola between Llansvillard and llanselbourg looks obvious as entry point but will be veeeery busy at a guess as not often without a que even out of HT weeks.all the buses and casuals seem to head there.
Envisage you getting an early start ? To be out of first lift-ish.

Bonneval, small ish but perfectly formed, single chair acccess point and you can park in carpark (go right on ski station approach and it puts you right next to thst chair. Can be epic snow, more drag lifts to access.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Termignon, chair access up to halfway, all drag top sector, some good skiing and we've had epic powder afternoon over there. Very good lunch restaurant option here too (i never remember the name, but only place there) at top of chair/drag lift interchange.

Links to Val Cenis usually by six pax chair going down (crosses nature reserve, if snow route limited they'll enforce chair down rather than ski) it's not a hassle really, but will put you into a busy bit of Llanselbourg to get up that mountain with onward to higher piste more complex than the Llansvillard option.
There's substantial piste and alot more between piste to ski all over the area.

Whole Val Cenis area can be accessed effectively on blue piste right to top, with red, black, ski/border cross options running through it. Controlled but needing avi kit etc at far top left of area on ski map adding to pisted areas.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Sybelles is in The Maurienne - great area: contains St Sorlin, Le Corbier and La Toussuire - one of the 5 biggest areas in France - merits a few days

Valloire and Valmeinier - worth a day, and Val Cenis as you have mentioned.

Maurienne has some good skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 with the above. Also St. François Longchamp not mentioned which links to Valmoral
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers people…..I will be making a plan with this info Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajc2260626 wrote:
Cheers people…..I will be making a plan with this info Very Happy

If you like Tour de France roadrace, then Valloire is a must visit if you have a car as you can drive the Col de Galibier. The Farm is a fantastic place for food as you exit valloire if driving through.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy