Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Fitting for high arches/pes cavus feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, ive been skiing a few times and thoroughly loved it despite being in pain with my feet.

I have Pes Cavus on both feet. It is essentially where I have a very high arch wich doesn't move when weight is applied along with very wide feet.

Both feet suffer from the same pain from skiing and happens very soon after starting the day. The only relief I get is to take them off and stretch my feet with my hands. The pain starts with the toes and the ball of my feet. It essentially feels like my feet are getting very hot with pins and needles. Along with cramps, dull aches and sharp pains.

I have tried many different boots at the rental. Different widths and lengths and the combination of the two. With no real difference.

I appreciate that rental shops are no boot fitters.

Has anyone got any advice with feet suffering from Pes Cavus or very high arches?

I feel to continue skiing, I need to get custom insoles and if that doesn't work custom boots.

I live in the UK, can anyone recommend a good boot fitters who knows about special feet?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Give these guys a ring and book an appointment.

https://www.solutions4feet.com/recreational-skiers/ski-boot-fitting
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Usernamejake, welcome to SHs. Any good fitter ought to be able to help. Where do you live? S4F is a great default, but might not be so local to you.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all, I live about an hour away from S4F. Judging by your replies and this community I think it's the best bet.

Although I'm still very new to the sport but would like to pursue it more, how much would a service like this cost?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Usernamejake, costs, it does depend, but buying your own boots is a very good idea, especially in your case. You do need to book an appointment.

Outline costs are here https://www.solutions4feet.com/services/our-charges-

If they can't help you they won't sell you unsuitable boots.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have very high arches and suffer from plantar fasciitis if I don't do my exercises and have footwear with good arch support. 10 mins walking on a hard floor in bare feet and I'm knackered! In my ski boots I have custom footbeds and have no issues. I suspect with pes cavus and the pain you describe, your issue is more to do with the volume over the instep. You'll need to start with a highish volume boot and work from there (various things a good bootfitter can do in order to create a touch more volume there but you need to have the right boot to start with). Wide feet shouldn't be an issue and most boot can be stretched quite easily to give you the width you need (wide feet here also and every boot I've ever owned as needed blowing out to get the width). I would hope that most good bootfitters can sort you out.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Usernamejake, lets say you spend £500 on the boots they should last 20 weeks so that would £25 per week.

To have comfortable pain free boots that you can wear all day without thinking that isn't bad is it.

And if you've been a few times and love it I see no reason why you wouldn't get full use from them.

And no faff having to hire.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am not certain on your exact issue but often stretching and exercising the foot and lower leg chain specifically to ski is required to a great extent over a long period of time .

You just cant always blame the tools.

If the case is you dont replicate the Ski specific forces and loads on the lower leg chain in your daily life ie training ....then specific ski lower leg chain training may be needed .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's a good footbed you need....in the right boot for your foot shape/structure/skiing style....depending where in the UK you are it's Colin at Solutions 4 feet (south) or Graham at Rivington Alpine (north) you need.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy