Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are WTR Bindings compatible with GripWalk boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I have a pair of skis with LOOK SPX 12 DUAL WTR B120 bindings, If I set these bindings to WTR mode are they compatible with GripWalk boots?

Here's a picture of the bindings currently set to alpine mode

If not compatible or it would be saver not to use them, do the SPX 12 GW B120 bindings have the same mount points (or are their bindings that do)?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crypto wrote:
Hi

I have a pair of skis with LOOK SPX 12 DUAL WTR B120 bindings, If I set these bindings to WTR mode are they compatible with GripWalk boots?

No, definitely not. But they *may* be compatible in alpine mode. My Look SPX duals are, but I'm not sure if they are the same model.

Edit: there's a chart for older bindings here which is a useful guide but if in doubt, best to check. I've not seen a more recent version.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 18-01-23 17:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there a way of combining this with the other Grip Walk thread?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No WTR was buying betamax. I bought a pair very cheap as a result which I haven't yet mounted to use with DIN soles only.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Based on some compatibility charts it seems that a WTR binding is actually compatible with a Gripwalk boot...

https://arcguiding.com/blog/gear/backcountry-boot-binding-compatibility/
https://www.barrabes.com/en-gb/blog/tips/2-165/the-end-of-universal-compatibility

When my Gripwalk boot was placed in the bindings (in WTR mode) looks like the toe plate lined up correctly with the boot and the toe was able to release from the binding

Would be good to get some confirmation though before I risk my legs/knees
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just adjusted a friends dual WTR Look bindings, the correct setting according to the Look manual is Alpine, I tried the WTR mode and there was about a 5mm gap between the afd and boot sole. Of course you need to check that none of the boot sole is impinging on anything on the binding, ie the only contact should be the flat area on the boot sole and the afd
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This was with a Gripwalk boot btw
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can we transfer these very useful comments over to https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=162994#5072653
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@KenX

Thank you, I'll see how the boot fits to the binding when in alpine mode, found another thread (from another site) on this same topic and the conclusion was the same https://www.skitalk.com/threads/look-spx12-dual-wtr-and-gripwalk-compatibility.16346/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just following up found the techincal manual for the bindings confirming the Look Dual WTR bindings are compatible with gripwalk boots when the bindings are in the alpine mode

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Can we transfer these very useful comments over to https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=162994#5072653

Sorry, we can't merge threads, the most we can do is lock one and link to it from the still active thread.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy