Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Group of intermediate skiers heading out 4th March, just planning intinerary for the week and need help with some approximate timings please

1. Doing the green anti clockwise circuit from Selva Val Gardena, how long will it take to ski to Passo Campolongo (planned lunch stop) ?

2. From Selva Val Gardena, how long will it take to ski to the bus to get you to tge lift for the hidden valley ?

3. From Selva Val Gardena, how long does it taking using the clockwise route to get to Arabba ? although someone suggested getting a taxi from Selva to Arrbba, any ide of cost it would be for six of us.

Thank you !!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also there same week (first time)

Staying in Selva. OH not skiing; if she wanted to go up a mountain for lunch/views is Dantercepies or Ciampinoi the nicer side? Both obviously reached by gondola.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Thunderer21,
1. 2-3hrs depending how fast you ski
2. Sorry, don’t know, never taken the bus.
3. 112€ for the taxi, again 2-3hrs skiing

@buchanan101, I think the views are better at the top of Dantercepies. It has a nicer place to eat too.
Not that there is anything wrong with the top of Ciampinoi.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Re the non-skier, Dantercepies has better views than Ciampinoi, I'd say. But if you're there for a week, do both!
There is a place called Panorama, a little way down from the top of the Danterceipies lift which may be accessible from the 'mid' (I use the term loosely, as it's almost at the top) station on foot? But you need to go all the way to the top for the best views in all directions. I have so many pics from there!

And on the timings - I think the Dolomiti Superski app may be able to help too? It has a 'route planner' function, which we didn't use, but looked like it might be quite useful for that kind of thing.

We did Sellaronda both ways round - I think Arraba is basically half way. On the day we did it clockwise, it took us about 3hrs in total (only a quick loo stop, no eating/drinking), so I'd guess you could be there within 2hrs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Thunderer21,

1. If time is an issue I would take the clockwise/orange route from Selva to Campolongo, and you will miss the tricky red from the top of Ciampinoi that leads down to the Plan de Gralba. Although if you hit this early in the morning it will be less chopped up and moguly.

2. I would allow about an hour and a half for us to get to Armentarola, from Selva, to pick up a taxi to the cable car at Lagazuoi, to start the hidden valley run. Again I would take the clockwise route and go through Corvara.

3. For Arabba from Selva clockwise would not take much over an hour for us.

To put my timings into perspective I ski with my Son who is very quick and we have done the Sella Ronda both directions in a day from Selva. Orange route 2.5 hours and green in just under 3 hours.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Selva to Arabba is only 3 runs going clockwise, so should be there before mid morning coffee stop. Quite a bit of lift time though.

Probably about the same for Selva to Armentarola.

Certainly no point taking taxi, except for the bit from Armentarola to Lagazuoi
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thunderer21 wrote:
Group of intermediate skiers heading out 4th March, just planning intinerary for the week and need help with some approximate timings please

1. Doing the green anti clockwise circuit from Selva Val Gardena, how long will it take to ski to Passo Campolongo (planned lunch stop) ?

2. From Selva Val Gardena, how long will it take to ski to the bus to get you to tge lift for the hidden valley ?

3. From Selva Val Gardena, how long does it taking using the clockwise route to get to Arabba ? although someone suggested getting a taxi from Selva to Arrbba, any ide of cost it would be for six of us.

Thank you !!

Just back from San Cassiano in Alta Badia . It was a busy week so had to queue a little and slopes were busy so had to be careful - plus we had to cross Alta Badia before we were on the SR itself.
Did it both directions on separate days and I reckon its an easy 4 hours all the way round for us .
Should be quieter when you are there so 3 hrs but work on 4 for navigating and mistakes.

Green feels a little easier but there are steep reds at certain points either way - and clockwise orange has a nasty narrow red down from belvedere area to bottom of pradel gondola.

Anyway:

1. Doing the green anti clockwise circuit from Selva Val Gardena, how long will it take to ski to Passo Campolongo (planned lunch stop) ? 2 hours

2. From Selva Val Gardena, how long will it take to ski to the bus to get you to tge lift for the hidden valley ? 1.5 hours . And its more of a taxi rank to take you to Laguzoi than a bus... € 7 for taxi and € 3 for the horse tow at the end of HV. CASH ONLY

3. From Selva Val Gardena, how long does it taking using the clockwise route to get to Arabba ? although someone suggested getting a taxi from Selva to Arrbba, any ide of cost it would be for six of us. 2 hours . A taxi would be a lot and pointless.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thunderer21 wrote:

Thank you !!

Firstly I would say that timings on the Sella can be extremely variable depending largely on lift queues. Unless your group of intermediates are very early intermediates the differences in skiing time will not be huge. As a group we are not quick but the timings are dependent far more on lift queues than our speed.
On 1) I would guess 2 hours as above but if lunch timing is important I would allow longer as queues for Plan Frataces gondola and Belvedere chairs can both be long. Extra time can be spent enjoyably either above Arraba or Belvedere once past the worst bottle necks.

2) I would guess the timings above are about right ie about 1.5 hours or less though I have only done the hidden valley from the other way as part of the war route.
Again I would allow time though partly because of variability in lift s but also because the topography of the Alta Badia can be a bit confusing until you are used to it and the lift map only helps a bit, its easy to go wrong.

3) I'd have thought an hour should do it if the queues are not bad, though it's a fair bit slower the other way as you need far more lifts to get up to the top of the Selva pass from the Badia side than the Gardena side.
No idea of the price of taxis though according to google the driving time is about 48 mins so I don't imagine you will save much time and you will certainly encounter significant expense.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sheffskibod wrote:

1. Doing the green anti clockwise circuit from Selva Val Gardena, how long will it take to ski to Passo Campolongo (planned lunch stop) ? 2 hours

2. From Selva Val Gardena, how long will it take to ski to the bus to get you to tge lift for the hidden valley ? 1.5 hours . And its more of a taxi rank to take you to Laguzoi than a bus... € 7 for taxi and € 3 for the horse tow at the end of HV. CASH ONLY

3. From Selva Val Gardena, how long does it taking using the clockwise route to get to Arabba ? although someone suggested getting a taxi from Selva to Arrbba, any ide of cost it would be for six of us. 2 hours . A taxi would be a lot and pointless.

^^ This...all those would take 1.5-2hrs, approximate timings assuming no huge queues and all skiers are intermediates and don't struggle with steeper pitches.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@buchanan101, if your wife is up for a slightly more adventurous day out, I would recommend her taking the bus to Ortisei one day and heading up the Monte de Seura lift to Seisar Alm. There is a great restaurant at the top and loads of cleared walk ways up the mountain (+ 2-3 great huttes she could walk to).
You can ski there via the fantastic Seceda area above the Col Raiser lift in St Caterina, including La longe, a 10.5km valley run. There’s a short walk across town at the bottom to get to the Seiser Alm lift but it is well worth it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy