Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In resort in Montgenèvre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning All. We’re booked to visit in mid Feb, family of 4 with 2 boys, 10 and 13. Transfers, lessons and hire all booked.

Just wanted to ask for recommendation and advice.

Is the Durancia spa centre good?
Is a trip to Briancon good?
Are there any other off mountain excursions which were good? Do they offer a trip in a piste basher? What’s the age limit to drive a skidoo?

Any particular food or restaurant recommendations? We’re in the Obelisk area but I get the impression nowhere is far to walk. We’re self catering and the ideal would be to buy in ready prepared meals to heat up.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi we went to Montgenevre approx 5 years with our 3 boys who were a similar age…and are heading back next week Very Happy
We loved it as a resort, snow sure, village feel, lots of nice cruisy slopes.
It is easy to walk everywhere although from Obelisk it is a little walk in mornings to ski school and the main lift area. Not very far though (flat) and your kids are a good age to carry their own gear. There is a free bus as well.
There is a good supermarket in Obelisk area which is great for self catering - roast chickens etc
We just skied all day so didn’t try other activities but there is a luge. Depends on snow levels - it wasn’t open when we were there last as too much snow! We weren’t complaining.
I think you will enjoy the resort
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@trickydicky we’re heading there Feb half term for the first time. Some good info in this thread:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=162663
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Monty Express Luge is worth a punt. There’s a free run included with a 6 day lift pass I think. It involves individual carts on self-braked rollercoaster type rails so you can scare yourself senseless or take it steadily.

For restaurants, we’ve found considerable satisfaction with Le Cafe Graal (lunch) and U Cintu (lunch and tea). Both are mid-range for price and have an informal atmosphere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CosmoJo wrote:
Hi we went to Montgenevre approx 5 years with our 3 boys who were a similar age…and are heading back next week Very Happy
We loved it as a resort, snow sure, village feel, lots of nice cruisy slopes.
It is easy to walk everywhere although from Obelisk it is a little walk in mornings to ski school and the main lift area. Not very far though (flat) and your kids are a good age to carry their own gear. There is a free bus as well.
There is a good supermarket in Obelisk area which is great for self catering - roast chickens etc
We just skied all day so didn’t try other activities but there is a luge. Depends on snow levels - it wasn’t open when we were there last as too much snow! We weren’t complaining.
I think you will enjoy the resort

Heading out on Saturday ourselves as well. Haven't been before so any other tips feel free to pass them on! Flying out of Shannon at the crack of dawn so might even get a couple of runs in on Saturday afternoon.

Any suggestions for apres with small kids? So crepes, pizza slice for the little ones and a beer/wine for the adults?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

She hates it when I take her to St Anton

Where does she get to take you, @nick forest? You sound very masterful......
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shops…loads of ‘em Eh oh!

All’s fair in love and war…
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, been to Montgenevre a few times and off there this Sunday (22/1) for a week and taking the other half for the first time (She hates it when I take her to St Anton so I’ve promised that she’ll love this place)

Duriance is very good although it gets very busy if the weather is poor.

In previous years you could use your lift pass for one day in Serre Chevalier and definitely worth a cab ride for the day to try their slopes as well.

Le Graal always good to rendezvous at the end end of the day and unwind with a Picon bierre or two, gets lively in their but always fun. It’s a family oriented resort and definitely not of the Mooserwirt or Folie Douce ilk but the pistes are well looked after, uncrowded, nice for cruising blues and a few reds. The costs of eating and drinking on the mountain are all very reasonable as well.

Last time in 2018 I was there they had a heavy police presence at the Montgenevre/Claviere border as it’s a route used by migrants making their way across Europe…I was sceptical until I saw a dozen guys in thin coats and trainers traipsing their way across the pistes at 2,000m soon after a heavy snowfall and the gendarmes were waiting for them at the bottom…nothing if not dogged and determined!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Flying Snowplough wrote:
The Monty Express Luge is worth a punt. There’s a free run included with a 6 day lift pass I think. It involves individual carts on self-braked rollercoaster type rails so you can scare yourself senseless or take it steadily.

For restaurants, we’ve found considerable satisfaction with Le Cafe Graal (lunch) and U Cintu (lunch and tea). Both are mid-range for price and have an informal atmosphere.

+1 for the Monty luge. It’s good fun. My only advice would be to send the bravest/most fool hardy down first, otherwise, if the most timid go first, the others will be constantly braking to stop crashing into them!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timmycb5 wrote:
The Flying Snowplough wrote:

+1 for the Monty luge. It’s good fun. My only advice would be to send the bravest/most fool hardy down first, otherwise, if the most timid go first, the others will be constantly braking to stop crashing into them!

Sound advice!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy