Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Diablerets, tomorrow ? (or Sat 26th June )

Poster: A snowHead
It's open, who else is going ?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 21-06-04 17:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tempting, but... a 3 hour + drive, think I'll have to leave it for another day.

Weather looks better than at Tignes for tomorrow, not much wind forecast, sun/snow showers, lower temperatures... no sun at all forecast for Tignes, and a fair bit of wind/snow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wind's a problem at Les Diab' so hopefully there's not going to be too much. The return access is via a short chair whch s prone to wind leaving people having to walk Sad

Just had a big thunderstorm here actually, and the forecast looks reasonable for the day.

Just agonising over which skis to take, I waxed up three pairs ready but can't decide which to use Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
updating the subject for next weekend ............
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't make next weekend, but if you go again early July I'd consider a trip across...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG wrote:
Can't make next weekend, but if you go again early July I'd consider a trip across...

looks a long way for you and it's not any better than Tignes. I do rather fancy trying Cervinia though, they have glacier skiing which I've not tried.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's going up and over the Petit St Bernard which adds a lot of time... still I'd definitely consider it leaving the night before, and stopping over.

But Cervinia - why not?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG wrote:
It's going up and over the Petit St Bernard which adds a lot of time... still I'd definitely consider it leaving the night before, and stopping over.

But Cervinia - why not?

You'd be more than welcome to stop over, either for that or on route for you grass skiing. Les Diab's is around 1'20' from me though.

But Cervinia would be great, stop over, pizza, pasta and italian wine and some skiing, what more can you ask for ? Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ise, ViaMichelin reckons 2.5 hours, so that's a bit better. I'd look at staying at the likes of Châtillon the night before. Cheaper than Tignes too....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, autoroute has 2hrs 1m from BsM to Cervinia and for me over 3hrs, still OK for overnight/weekend. Châtillon looks OK as well.

Snowheads European chapter meet ? Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't persuade viaMichelin down below 2h29, whether shortest/quickest parametres are entered or not. Which route checker do you use?

The first weekend in July looks best for me.... but the European Chapter is still a bit thin on the ground!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry to butt in on your planning guys but that link doesn't work for me (IE6) and it doesn't appear to be a server error. Says it's a syntax error. I suspect you got it from the untracked deep powder of snowBase, PG, so just maybe you can fix a more serious Cervinia web page problem if it is a repeatable error ? Did it work for you ? What browser do you use ?

If/when you do meet up, have a good one Cool
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Strange - it works for me (IE6 too).... I got the basic url from snowBase, then copied the direct link from the tariff page.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kuwait_ian, the link doesn|t work for me either. Deep links into their site don't work, technical error rather than design I'd guess.

PG, Can't do 3-4 July, I'm on !@##$$# !@#!@ call that weekend.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG wrote:
Strange - it works for me (IE6 too).... I got the basic url from snowBase, then copied the direct link from the tariff page.....

we're lacking your cookie and session id .......
snow conditions
I'd love to some along on Sat 26th, but I've already committed to doing some serious off-piste skiing in Milton Keynes...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy