Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine restaurant recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We're a group of 12 heading to Morzine in late Jan/early Feb. I suspect we'll have to sort our restaurant bookings beforehand otherwise we may struggle to get a reservation.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places? We're a very easy going group in terms of prices, cuisine etc.

Thanks

Matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bec Jaune - micro brewery with very good food
L’Improviste - pizzas but not your average
La Grange - superb restaurant, cosy but exceptional food and service
Hotel du Lac - very VERY nice venue - does a 35€ all you can eat Raclette on a Monday including free return taxis (theyre at Lac Montriond).
Etale - easy bistro and something for every budget, theyre used to large groups
Gusto e basta - proper authentic pizza and can get 12 pizzas done in 5mins in their mega oven
Papa Renard - best burgers in town
For takeaway - Alpine Foodie/Kamado Kitchen at the bottom of Pleney is SUPERB and our first point of call when we arrive - call ahead or order online

Avoid
O’chalet - burger/ takeaway - its been overtaken by others and sod all vegetarian choices
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm often eating out in a group of 12/13 and our usuals are:
Bec Jaune
Etale
Le Tyroline - pizza
Le Grillon - similar to (and possibly owned by the people as) Etale
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a little Christmas break and ate at La Grange in Morzine. It was superb.

And I can thoroughly recommend where we stayed, Hotel Du Lac at Montriond. As @Nadenoodlee, mentioned, they do a raclette night with free return taxis. But also their a la carte menu is lovely. And the setting is stunning.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Le local is good for a big table.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Grantley1988, but so many dogs!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@Grantley1988, but so many dogs!

Dogs are a bonus to me Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Le Local have big tables as mentioned or La Flamme at the bottom of Super M gondola have a big downstairs room they can put a big table together in. L’Etale/La Rotonde (generally the same huge and varied menu - though we noticed L’Etale veggie/vegan options are now more extensive than La Rotonde) - both have a covered terrace with room for a big table.

La Flamme, Le Local, L’Etale and La Rotonde all have decent online booking on their websites.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy