Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile - first timer, tips to keep kids busy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey so we’re headed to La Thuile with Crystal on Sunday and forecast is looking great for the experienced skiers among us but not for the newbies or the kids? We’re a group of 6 adults and a 3, 2 and 1.5 year-old and 6month old. Two of the adults are beginners.

I was wondering if we get weathered-off what’s the best way to keep busy there and entertain the kids. Would it be worth bussing somewhere else down the valley with an indoor pool complex for example?

Is there much going on in La Thuile village?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a pool at the hotel Planibel - might be able to pay to swim there? Make sure you take swim hats and tight swim shorts for Italian or French swimming pools.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@craftybob, I’m there next week also in the Du Glacier, I’ve only done days out from Courmayuer before, I don’t think there’s a great deal, other than wrap the kids up well and let them play in the snow, as long as they are warm they will love it.
There is a public indoor pool in Pre St Didier down in the valley, the water was somewhat on the cool side when we used it a few years ago, check out the opening time before you travel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I take it the magic carpet area at the base is sketchy? There is still the flat bowl at the top that is suitable for beginners, all is not lost for them. It is really flat with a slow chair for access.
Not much going on in the village I’m afraid.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

wrap the kids up well and let them play in the snow, as long as they are warm they will love it.

this is true, they do love it. Take lots of mittens, because even if they don't lose them, they'll get soaking wet. Worth taking a few beach buckets and spades with you. But there never was going to be anything to do with a six month old, was there, whatever the weather? And hopefully the beginners will enjoy their ski lessons - whatever the weather.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not sure I understand the OP. Yes its going to be snowing, but that's good. There is a beginners area at the base with magic carpets etc so imagine your beginners ski school will start off there and there are a good number of blues to progress onto near the top of the big Gondola.

The kids might have more to do in 2027 when all old enough for ski school, but I assume between 6 adults you have some sort of childminding rota worked out anyway. Keep 'em warm and fed and they will be happy.

Your only issue might be whether all the links over the back and to La Ros. are open all the time for the experienced skiers, but there is plenty of decent skiing on La Thuile side in any event
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy