Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel: Easy blues?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Hope you are well + Happy 2023!

Am currently in Chatel for a week and wondering if anyone who knows the resort would have recommendations for some easy blues? I'm a 3rd weeker and took some private lessons early in the week, but unfortunately had a major crisis of confidence and had to go back to the nursery slopes for a while...!

Following some recommendations on here and other sites, I did the blues at Chalet Neuf today (Belleville, Chalet Neuf and Le Lac) and really enjoyed the first two (one part of Le Lac a bit steep for me xD ). Would anyone have some recommendations for other runs I could try? One post on here suggested 'Les Blattins' in Pré La Joux, also possibly 'L'itineraire'? I am really not looking for anything challenging, just trying to rebuild the ol' confidence a bit and see a bit more of the place beyond the nursery slopes

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wouldn’t describe either of those as particularly easy blues, both have steep sections and are proper blue runs. The ones you did today and that sector is more gentle terrain. If you can get to it the one under the button at Queyset is easy and short and there’s a long path down to plaine dranse from the top. If the green Belette is open from Plaine Dranse then the end of the red Rochassons from the point it meets the green Belette is very gentle. Only the section directly below Plaine Dranse is steep.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 13-01-23 11:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds good, thank you! Will check those out
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sneachta23, Not many easy blues in Châtel. The runs next to the Coqs button in Super Châtel are great for progression but not sure they are open. Queset button at PLJ area also good - take the PLJ chair from the bottom of the carpark to access - a bit tricky on top of the lift but you should be fine to get down by traversing. Blattin is good but has a couple of steeper “red” sections but it’s where kids progress to. Do it early. Avoid Linga.

Best option is to head to Linderets if you have a PDS pass. There is a tricky run to get to Linderets from top of Rosachons lift but it’s better done early before it gets cut up - you’ll be fine if you take your time. Enjoy and feel free to message if any other questions.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That blue run from Rochassons down to Linderets, Grand Plan, is pretty tough and TBH would be on my list to avoid until you’re feeling more confident because it’s so busy and gets mogulled at the top. Definitely take the advice of doing it early if you tackle it.

Also don’t take the run down to Ardent if you go over to Linderets. It has some steeps and because it’s so shady it can be quite icy.
Better to go up Lechère and Cases and do Abricotine and Lecherette.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks both! Coqs button blues still seem closed unfortunately. Will try out the Queset at PLJ today!

Really appreciate your help Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Queset is really good. From there you can take Les Combes to ski Blattin. The bottom of the home run to PLJ carpark is also very good. You need to take the cattrack straight ahead from the top of Queset which goes to Plane Dranse. From there take green Balette road down if open and you can then turn off at the second hairpin and join the run down to PLJ carpark. From Plane Dranse you can also go up on the Chaux des Roses lift where you can join Blatten which will lead you back to Queset and makes a nice loop.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you! Very helpful Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How did it go today?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ozboy wrote:
Queset is really good. From there you can take Les Combes to ski Blattin. The bottom of the home run to PLJ carpark is also very good. You need to take the cattrack straight ahead from the top of Queset which goes to Plane Dranse. From there take green Balette road down if open and you can then turn off at the second hairpin and join the run down to PLJ carpark. From Plane Dranse you can also go up on the Chaux des Roses lift where you can join Blatten which will lead you back to Queset and makes a nice loop.

Also keen to know how you got on. Major error in my advice - you needed to take Cornebois to get onto Blattin.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi @Ozboy @Skimum1,
Aw, thanks for checking in! Was grand, thanks! Had a lesson in the morning, my teacher took me back over to Chalet Neuf for it, then went to PLJ myself in the afternoon
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy