Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Saint Gervais Transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all , I wonder if anyone can help me.
Im travelleing to Geneva airport with a friend on sat 9th march 2024 and landing at 18.05 hrs
im trying to find a bus transfer going to saint Gervais but can't find anything later than 18.15. that would obviously be too early.
All other transfers are very expensive. Do I have any other options please ?
Regards Swissbrit
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Leman Express (train) will take you from Geneva central station to Saint Gervais, some may be directs, some with a change in Annemasse.

On Saturdays they indeed don't seem to run that often nor too late: in the evening they leave from Geneva Central Station (Cornavin) at 32mn past the hour until 8.32pm.

So if you run to the platform at the airport and catch a 6.18pm to Cornavin you should get to St Gervais about a quarter past 8pm - yes they're slow.

But most likely you'll catch the next and get to your destination at about 9.15pm. And there's one last after that.

More info tpg.ch (it's a crossborder mass transit system - thanks heavens for Schengen).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@patrick!, the train takes you to St Gervais-Le Fayet which is at the bottom of the valley. No idea how you'd get to St Gervais itself at that time of night ...

@swissbrit, search for St Gervais shared transfers?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you very much Patrick , That certainly looks like an option. I just need to find a way to get from the train station in saint gervais le fayet which I believe is at the bottom of the mountain from the resort of saint gervais.
It’s not as simple as I first thought this transfer Eh oh!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think hiring a car will be the best option now , thank you gents Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If there are two of you, renting a car might be worth considering. It's an easy drive and plenty of advice available here about parking.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or surely there will be taxis at the station?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@patrick!, the train takes you to St Gervais-Le Fayet which is at the bottom of the valley. No idea how you'd get to St Gervais itself at that time of night ...

@swissbrit, search for St Gervais shared transfers?

Just get an Uber in Le Fayet. Seems like that should be easy. Or Sallanches, or Cluses.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Pasigal, an Uber?? you jest (surely?)

@Origen, I don't think I've ever seen one waiting at the station, sadly.

@swissbrit, I am somewhat surprised there aren't any transfer companies running that route?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you arrived at our local station there might not be a taxi waiting, but one could be whistled up. St Gervais station is near a very busy motorway and lots of urban areas. Is it not possible to just telephone for a taxi?

Personally I'd probably rent a car - quite useful around the ski resorts in that neck of the woods (e.g. to visit Les Contamines).

Transfers, like ski lessons, seem to be one of the things people leave till the very last minute to arrange!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Origen,

"Is it not possible to just telephone for a taxi?"

I have no idea but they are like hen's teeth in Cham if you aren't going to the airport. Very Naomi Campbell.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laughing Presumably because driving a taxi is not a great job paying great money. I had taxis to and from a hospital appointment 8 miles away, yesterday. The round trip, including tips, cost me £40. When I told a friend this she was horrified and said she'd have taken me! Well, she's a friend. But people seem to have completely unrealistic ideas of what is a fair price to pay for a vehicle and a driver - as we see a lot on Snowheads when people haven't looked into the cost of "transfers" and seem to think it should be a charitable service. I wouldn't do two round trips to the hospital for £40 though I've taken friends there (and been given lifts too). The guy who bought me back (both drivers were Romanian) was delighted to get the call because he'd been lurking in hospital area hoping to get a ride from there but without paying the high car parking charges.
It's a precarious sort of existence.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've used Mountain Dropoffs. To Le Fayet shared transfer single fare 45euros/50 euros.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@swissbrit, Alpybus shared transfers. On a Saturday there are ones at 1900, 2100 and 2330. Cost €30 each way dropping off at the telecabine. You need to book online in advance, if you can’t find it check under Megeve transfers since it is an intermediate drop off on that route.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you all so much for your help, its much appreciated.
Most transfers come up extremely expensive or too late for our flight. The train was a great option but a taxi was still required to get to resort from the station. Car prices have gone crazy and Ive left it a bit late so they appear to be even more expensive.

I defiantly left it all a bit late and overlooked the transfer side of things, however I have just come off the phone to Alpybus and booked a shared return transfer from airport to resort so all good and at 75 euros return each, I can't complain.

Thanks again all you snowheads who left a message, this was a great help.
snow report
Glad it all worked out @swissbrit, even if slightly more expensive for last minute. We are in St G at the moment, €30 was our price each for Wednesday evening but booked the same time as the plane.

Next year the new lifts up from Le Fayet will be in operation so there should be more options - at least until their closing time, rumoured to be 2200.
snow report
Thank you, have a fantastic time Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy